The Acratech GP Ballhead with Lever Clamp is an updated version of the existing GP head. Rather than a rubber knob, this model features a locking lever for securing the Arca Swiss-style clamp that constitutes the quick-release element.
Featuring first-class construction, the GP Ballhead also functions as a gimbal head for lenses up to 400mm f/4.0, and it can be positioned upside-down to function as a leveling base for panoramic photography. Even if you're operating on rocky or otherwise uneven terrain, you can pan absolutely parallel to the horizon, so you won't need to carry a separate leveling base to create accurate stitched panoramic imagery.
The ballhead also features a bull's-eye level on the quick-release clamp and a detent pin, which prevents the plate and anything attached to it from sliding out of the quick-release clamp when it's partially loosened. Lightweight at only 1 lb, the GP Ballhead supports loads over 25 lb from any position, including tilted 90° and mounted upside-down.
- Works as a gimbal head with lenses up to 400mm f/4.0
- Weighs less than 1 lb (0.45 kg) with quick-release clamp
- Easily holds over 25 lb (11.4 kg) at any angle
- Full movements allow any camera position
- Precision machined aluminum
- Compatible with Kirk, Arca, R.R.S., and many other QR plates
- Fits all standard tripods (1/4-20 and 3/8-16 threads)
- Laser-engraved dual degree markings
- Beautiful satin black-anodized finish
- Long-lasting stainless-steel hardware
- All knobs are secured so they cannot vibrate loose and fall off
- Oilless and greaseless ball will not attract or hold dirt and debris
- Made in the USA