The National Optical & Scientific Instruments Model 420T-430PHF-10 Stereoscopic Microscope provides the user with a large upright, unreversed image that appears clear and accurate throughout the 10-40x zoom range. Optional eyepieces and auxiliary objectives expand the magnification range and working distances.
Designed with paired widefield 10x eyepieces, the microscope also has a trinocular port that accepts video or SLR adapters (included). The paired eyepieces sit at a 45° incline on the viewing head which rotates 360° for sharing. Focusing is done using large dual knobs with a slip clutch to prevent damage from over turning. Additionally, a tension adjustment eliminates focus drift.
Illumination for the 420T-430PHF-10 is provided by a halogen top light and a fluorescent bottom light. Base mounted controls allow the user to choice top only, bottom only, or dual illumination. The stage consists of 80mm frosted glass and reversible black/white plastic contrast plates. A blue filter transmits light, while locked-on stage clips keep specimens in place.
In addition to the above features, the 420T-430PHF-10 is constructed of an all-metal frame with an enamel finish. The post mount has a locking support collar which permits up or down adjustment. The microscope is also backed by a lifetime warranty, ensuring its tenure in your facility for years to come.
- Optical System
- Paired widefield 10x eyepieces are 45° inclined, with dual diopter adjustments, interpupillary adjustment from 55mm to 75mm. Accepts 23mm eyepiece reticle
- Viewing head rotates 360°
- Achromatic, color corrected lenses
- Continuous magnification from 10x through 40x. See specification chart for full magnification range available with use of optional auxiliary lenses
- Large dual focusing knobs with slip clutch to prevent damage to mechanism
- Tension adjustment eliminates focus 'drift'
- Top light is 12V 15 watt halogen, bi-pin with directional beam and rheostat control
- Bottom light is 110V 5 watt fluorescent for cool operation, greater light efficiency
- Base mounted light controls permit choice of top only, bottom only, or dual illumination
- Heavy-duty 3-wire grounded cord and plug
- Two 80mm stage plates (frosted glass and reversible black/white plastic contrast plates)
- Blue filter for transmitted light
- Locked-on stage clips
- Professional, all-metal frame, gray enamel finish
- Heavy-duty post mount with locking support collar, permits up or down adjustment of viewing head to accommodate different sized objects on stage
- Height: 13 3/8" (340mm); extends: 17" (433mm) for larger objects
- Base width: 6 3/4" (171mm); base depth: 9 1/2" (242mm)
- Net weight: 12 lb (5.4kg)