The National Optical & Scientific Instruments DS-2 Educational Inspection Microscope has a built-in digital camera, magnifies at 20x and 40x, and has LED lighting, among other features. Including software and a USB cable for plug-n-play use, the DS-2 is easy-to-use and practical for numerous purposes. Additionally, the system is budget-friendly.
The widefield 10x eyepiece uses two objectives - a built-in 2x objective and an auxiliary 2x objective. Rack and pinion focusing helps the user to make easy adjustments, while a slip clutch prevents damage due to over focusing. The post mounted focusing block allows for up and down adjustments to accommodate larger specimens, while stage clips secure slides.
- Optical System
- Widefield 10x eyepiece
- Built-in 2x objective
- Auxiliary 2x objective
- Rechargeable LED on flexible multi-angle gooseneck
- Rack and pinion focusing, special slip clutch to prevent damage to mechanism
- Post mounted focusing block, adjustable up and down to accommodate larger specimens
- Focusing block on slow-falling mechanism
- Reversible black and white stage plate
- Stage clips for securing specimen
- All parts locked-on to prevent loss