The National Optical & Scientific Instruments DC-128 Compound Biological Microscope comes with a digital camera and Motic Educator Software, for use on both PC and Mac computers. Make the most of your scientific musings with this microscope/camera combo.
The optical system consists of a monocular widefield 10x eyepiece with a revolving pointer. Inclined at 45° the monocular provides a comfortable viewing angle. The DIN standard objectives on the DC-128 include 4x, 10x, 40xR, and 100xR oil immersion objectives, resulting in 4x, 100x, 400x, and 1000x magnification.
Focusing is controlled with low position coarse and fine focusing controls. Slip clutch and tension adjustments prevent damage to the system, while the safety rack stop prevents damage to slides and objective lenses. LED illumination provides cool running light for specimens, while rechargeable AA Ni-MH batteries can provide up to 50 hours of operation with just one charge.
- Optical System
- Widefield 10x eyepiece with revolving pointer
- 45° inclined monocular viewing head
- DIN standard 4x (0.10 N.A.), 10x (0.25 N.A.), 40xR (0.65 N.A.) and 100xR oil immersion (1.25 N.A.) objectives. All are achromatic, parfocalled, parcentered and color-coded
- 4-hole objective turret, ball-bearing mounted for smooth, precise changes in magnification
- Separate low position coarse and fine focusing controls
- Slip clutch prevents damage from over focusing
- Tension adjustment eliminates stage drift
- Safety rack stop prevents damage to slides and objective lenses
- Cool running LED light rated up to 50,000 hours of use
- Rechargeable AA nickel metal hydride batteries can be recharged up to 1000 times, with each 8 hour charge providing up to 50 hours of operation
- Includes recharger shuts off when batteries are fully charged, eliminating the danger of overcharging and shortening battery life. Microscope can be used during recharging, or recharger can remain plugged-in for conventional use
- Rheostat light intensity control with separate on/off switch