The National Optical & Scientific Instruments DC4-156-S Compound Biological Microscope features a built-in 1.3Mp digital camera with a live image resolution of 1240 x 1024. Motic Images 2.0ML software comes included with the system as well for viewing, capture, labeling, manipulating, and measuring of images.
In addition to the digital camera, the DC4-156-S has a number of other noteworthy features. The most important being the highlights of the optical system. A 45° inclined monocular viewing head has a widefield 10x eyepiece with pointer. A 4-hole objective turret allows for smooth changes in magnification to the DIN objectives. The 4x, 10x, 40xR, and 100xR objectives are all achromatic, parfocalled, parcentered, and color coded.
When it comes to focusing the DC4-156-S provides separate low position coarse and fine focusing controls. A slip clutch prevents damage to the system from over focusing, while the tension adjustment eliminates stage drift. Additionally, a safety rack stop prevents damage to the slides and objectives.
Illumination for the microscope is provided by a built-in 12V, 20W halogen light that is rheostat controlled. A base mounted on/off switch makes for easy control of the illumination, while the heavy-duty 3-wire grounded electrical system makes for safe use.
- Optical System
- Widefield 10x eyepiece with pointer. Accepts optional #965-160 eyepiece reticle
- 45° inclined monocular viewing head
- DIN objectives 4x, 10x, 40xR, 100xR are achromatic, parfocalled, parcentered, and color coded
- 4-hole objective turret, ball-bearing mounted for smooth, precise changes in magnification
- Separate low position coarse and fine focusing controls
- Slip clutch prevents damage from over focusing
- Tension adjustment eliminates stage drift
- Safety rack stop prevents damage to slides and objective lenses
- Built-in 12V 20 watt halogen with rheostat intensity control
- Base mounted on/off switch, heavy-duty 3-wire grounded electrical system and plug
- 12V DC power converter operates on 100-240V, 50/60Hz current, without need of additional transformer