The National Optical & Scientific Instruments DC3-163-ASC Compound Biological Microscope has a large number of features to its credit, including a 0.4Mp digital/500 TV lines analog camera. Other features include an outstanding optical system, halogen illumination, super high contrast DIN objectives, a large stage, and a lifetime warranty.
Designed for serious research the DC3-163-ASC has a binocular head, inclined to 30°, with 10x widefield eyepieces. The eyepieces feature a revolving pointer, dual diopters, and interpupillary adjustment. A 3-position sliding rod also directs light to the eyepieces and camera. The super high contrast DIN objectives include 4x, 10x, 40xR, and 100xR objectives, resulting in 40x, 100x, 400x, and 1000x magnification.
The 12V, 20W halogen illumination is operated with a variable rheostat control. An illuminated on/off switch provides easy control of the light, while the 3-wire grounded cord and plug ensure safe use. A 12V DC power converter operates on 100-240V without any additional transformers.
When it comes to focusing, the DC3-163-ASC features coaxial coarse and fine focusing controls. A 1.25N.A. Abbe condenser provides rack and pinion focusing. Other features of the condenser include an iris diaphragm and a swing-out filter holder with clear, blue, green, and yellow filters. Focus safety features include a slip clutch, tension adjustment, and a safety rack stop.
- Optical System
- Widefield 10x eyepiece with revolving pointer. Accepts optional #965-160 eyepiece reticle
- 30° inclined binocular head, eyepieces with dual diopters and interpupillary adjustment 54mm to 76mm
- 3-position sliding rod directs light 100% to binocular eyepieces, 100% to camera, 70°#37; to camera or 30% to binocular eyepieces
- DIN standard 4x (0.10 N.A.), 10x (0.25 N.A.), 40xR (0.65 N.A.) and 100xR oil immersion (1.25 N.A.) objectives. All are achromatic, parfocalled, parcentered and color-coded
- 12V 20W halogen with variable rheostat control
- Illuminated on/off switch, 3-wire grounded cord and plug
- 12V DC power converter operates on 100-240V, 50/60Hz current, without need of additional transformer
- 1.25 N.A. Abbe condenser has rack and pinion focusing, iris diaphragm, swing-out filter holder with clear blue, green, and yellow filters supplied
- Coaxial coarse and fine focusing controls
- Slip clutch prevents damage to focusing system
- Tension adjustment eliminates stage drift
- Safety rack stop prevents damage to slides and objective lenses