The National Optical & Scientific Instruments DC5-163-ASC Compound Biological Microscope with a 2Mp digital camera built-in and a multitude of features proves its usefulness in the professional world. Additionally, a lifetime warranty gives you peace-of-mind.
The optical system of the DC5-163-ASC is built-around the DIN super high contrast oil immersion objectives of 4x, 10x, 40xR, and 100xR. Other features include a pair of widefield 10x eyepieces set at a 30° incline. Dual diopters, interpupillary adjustment, and a 3-position sliding rod to direct light, round out the optical features.
When it comes to illumination, the DC5-163-ASC is lit with a 12V, 20 watt halogen light with variable rheostat control. Safety and convenience features include an illuminated on/off switch, a 3-wire grounded cord and plug, and a 12V DC power converter for operating between 100-240V without a transformer.
Rack and pinion focusing of the 1.25 N.A. Abbe condenser help make the microscope extremely precise. Features like an iris diaphragm and a swing-out filter holder add to the system's versatility. As do safety features for focusing like a slip clutch to prevent over turning, a tension adjustment to eliminate stage drift, and a safety rack stop to prevent damage to slides and objective lenses.
- Optical System
- Widefield 10x eyepiece with revolving pointer. Accepts optional #965-160 eyepiece reticle
- 30° inclined binocular head, eyepieces with dual diopters and interpupillary adjustment 54mm to 76mm
- 3-position sliding rod directs light 100% to binocular eyepieces, 100% to camera, 70°#37; to camera or 30% to binocular eyepieces
- DIN standard 4x (0.10 N.A.), 10x (0.25 N.A.), 40xR (0.65 N.A.) and 100xR oil immersion (1.25 N.A.) objectives. All are achromatic, parfocalled, parcentered and color-coded
- 12V 20W halogen with variable rheostat control
- Illuminated on/off switch, 3-wire grounded cord and plug
- 12V DC power converter operates on 100-240V, 50/60Hz current, without need of additional transformer
- 1.25 N.A. Abbe condenser has rack and pinion focusing, iris diaphragm, swing-out filter holder with clear blue, green, and yellow filters supplied
- Coaxial coarse and fine focusing controls
- Slip clutch prevents damage to focusing system
- Tension adjustment eliminates stage drift
- Safety rack stop prevents damage to slides and objective lenses