The National Optical & Scientific Instruments DC5-163-P Compound Biological Microscope features a built-in camera and numerous features, making it ideal for institutional research. The defining feature that sets this model apart from the others in the series is DIN plan achromatic objectives. The 4x, 10x, 40xR, and 100xR objectives are oil immersion optics. All are parfocalled, parcentered, and color-coded.
Other highlights of the optical system include widefield 10x eyepieces set at a 30° incline on the viewing head. The eyepieces also feature a revolving pointer, dual diopters, interpupillary adjustment, and a 3-position sliding rod that direct light.
The DC5-163-P has 12V, 20W halogen illumination, for making specimens as clear and accurate as possible. The 12V DC power converter operates on 100-240V current without need of an additional transformer, while a 3-wire grounded cord and plug ensure safe use.
When it comes to focusing, the DC5-163-P utilizes the rack and pinion method with coaxial coarse and fine focusing controls. Safety features that prevent damage to the system include a slip clutch, a tension adjustment, and a safety rack stop. Additionally, the microscope comes with a lifetime warranty. The camera has a 1-year warranty.
- Optical System
- Widefield 10x eyepiece with revolving pointer. Accepts optional #965-160 eyepiece reticle
- 30° inclined binocular head, eyepieces with dual diopters and interpupillary adjustment 54mm to 76mm
- 3-position sliding rod directs light 100% to binocular eyepieces, 100% to camera, 70°#37; to camera or 30% to binocular eyepieces
- DIN standard 4x (0.10 N.A.), 10x (0.25 N.A.), 40xR (0.65 N.A.) and 100xR oil immersion (1.25 N.A.) objectives. All are achromatic, parfocalled, parcentered and color-coded
- 12V 20W halogen with variable rheostat control
- Illuminated on/off switch, 3-wire grounded cord and plug
- 12V DC power converter operates on 100-240V, 50/60Hz current, without need of additional transformer
- 1.25 N.A. Abbe condenser has rack and pinion focusing, iris diaphragm, swing-out filter holder with clear blue, green, and yellow filters supplied
- Coaxial coarse and fine focusing controls
- Slip clutch prevents damage to focusing system
- Tension adjustment eliminates stage drift
- Safety rack stop prevents damage to slides and objective lenses