The National Optical & Scientific Instruments DC5-163-PH Compound Biological Microscope is a high-quality instrument, designed for use in research environments. In addition to the microscope's many features there is a built-in 2Mp digital camera for viewing and manipulation of images.
The optical system of the DC3-163-PH is built around the 4x, 10x, 40xR, and 100xR DIN plan phase oil immersion objectives. The other features include binocular widefield 10x eyepieces, inclined at 30°, a revolving pointer, dual diopters, interpupillary adjustment, and a 3-position sliding rod to direct light.
Illumination for the DC3-163-PH is halogen, with a variable rheostat control. The illuminated on/off switch, a 12V DC power converter, and a 3-wire grounded cord and plug all ensure the safety of the illumination system and its ease of use. When it comes to focusing, the microscope uses rack and pinion focusing with a number of safety features to protect the system from damage.
- Optical System
- Widefield 10x eyepiece with revolving pointer. Accepts optional #965-160 eyepiece reticle
- 30° inclined binocular head, eyepieces with dual diopters and interpupillary adjustment 54mm to 76mm
- 3-position sliding rod directs light 100% to binocular eyepieces, 100% to camera, 70°#37; to camera or 30% to binocular eyepieces
- DIN standard 4x (0.10 N.A.), 10x (0.25 N.A.), 40xR (0.65 N.A.) and 100xR oil immersion (1.25 N.A.) objectives. All are achromatic, parfocalled, parcentered and color-coded
- 12V 20W halogen with variable rheostat control
- Illuminated on/off switch, 3-wire grounded cord and plug
- 12V DC power converter operates on 100-240V, 50/60Hz current, without need of additional transformer
- 1.25 N.A. Abbe condenser has rack and pinion focusing, iris diaphragm, swing-out filter holder with clear blue, green, and yellow filters supplied
- Coaxial coarse and fine focusing controls
- Slip clutch prevents damage to focusing system
- Tension adjustment eliminates stage drift
- Safety rack stop prevents damage to slides and objective lenses