The National Optical & Scientific Instruments DC4-456H Stereo Microscope with 1.3Mp Digital Camera provides the user the ability for a live 1240 x 1024 digital view of specimens. Additionally, manipulation of the image with the included Motic Images 2.0ML software allows for capture, labeling, measuring, and more. The DC4-456H can also be used as a microscope independent of the camera system for user-friendly viewing.
The optical system in the microscope centers around 1x and 3x objectives, which can be adjusted by rotating the objective turret 90° to positive click stops, allowing for 10x and 30x magnification. Paired widefield 10x eyepieces sit at a 45° angle on the 360° rotating head, making the DC4-456H ideal for sharing with other students or research partners.
Top light halogen illumination and a tungsten bottom light allow for varying intensity in light, depending on the specimen being viewed. A 4-position light control lets the user adjust for top only, bottom only, and top and bottom light, along with the option to turn the lights off.
Unlike bigger, conventional microscopes, the DC4-456H features a more compact frame. Made of all-metal, it is of course durable for use in a variety of settings. A heavy-duty post mount with locking collar permits up and down adjustment of the viewing head for different sized objects to be placed on the stage. Two 80mm stage plates, consisting of frosted glass and a reversible black/white plastic contrast plate, allow the user to determine the best plate for their needs.
- Optical System
- Paired widefield 10x eyepieces with diopter adjustment. Interpupillary adjustment from 55mm to 75mm
- Eyepieces equipped with reticle holder/retainer to accept reticle with 23mm O.D.
- Magnification changed by rotating objective turret 90° to positive click stops
- Paired objectives are parfocalled, parcentered, and achromatic
- Top light (incidental) is 12V, 10W halogen with variable intensity control
- Bottom light (transmitted) is 12V, 10W tungsten
- 4-position light control: top only bottom only / top and bottom / off
- 12V DC power converter operates on 100-240V, 50/60Hz current, without need of additional transformer
- Professional, all-metal frame
- Rack and pinion focusing with slip clutch and tension adjustment
- Heavy-duty post mount with locking collar, permits up or down adjustment of viewing head to accommodate different sized objects on stage
- Includes two 80mm stage plates: frosted glass and reversible black/white plastic contrast plate
- Two locked-on stage clips