The National Optical & Scientific Instruments DC3-420TH Stereo Zoom Microscope with Built-In Camera provides a live view of specimens with the built-in analog/digital CCD camera. The included Motic Images 2.0ML software also allows the user to capture, label, manipulate, and measure images. In addition, the DC3-420TH can also be used independently of the camera.
The optical system of the microscope centers around 1-4x objectives, which allow for continuous 10-40x magnification. The paired widefield 10x eyepieces provide an upright, unreversed three dimensional image as well. Illumination for the 420TH is provided by top and bottom halogen lights. A blue filter is built-in for transmitted light.
The base of the microscope includes a sturdy stage that accepts the two included 80mm stage plates: one in frosted glass and a reversible black/white plastic contrast plate. Two locked-on stage clips work to prevent slides from moving, while the post mount with locking collar permits up or down adjustment for objects of varying size on the stage.
- Optical System
- Paired widefield 10x eyepieces inclined at 45° with diopter adjustment, and interpupillary adjustment from 55mm to 75mm
- Achromatic, color corrected lenses
- Continuous magnification from 10x through 40x (optional auxiliary lenses available)
- Top light (incidental is 12V, 15W halogen, bi-pin with directional beam and rheostat control
- Blue filter for transmitted light
- Bottom light (transmitted) is 12V, 10 watt halogen, bi-pin
- 4-position light control: top only / bottom only / top and bottom / off
- 12V DC power converter operates on 100-240V, 50/60Hz current, without need of additional transformer
- Tension adjustment eliminates focus "drift"
- Rack and pinion focusing with slip clutch and tension adjustment
- Heavy-duty post mount with locking collar, permits up or down adjustment of viewing head to accommodate different sized objects on stage
- Includes two 80mm stage plates: frosted glass and reversible black/white plastic contrast plate
- Two locked-on stage clips