National Optical & Scientific Instrument's DC5-420TH Stereo Zoom Microscope with Built-In Camera includes a built-in CMOS digital camera. Users can use the Motic Images 2.0ML software for live viewing of specimens, or they can capture, label, manipulate, and measure images.
The DC5-420TH can operate independently of the camera as well. The 1-4x objectives provide continuous zooming 10-40x magnification. The binocular widefield 10x eyepieces display upright, unreversed, three-dimensional images that remain in focus throughout the zoom range.
The system's illumination is halogen, with a top incidental light and a bottom transmitted light. A blue filter is also built-in for transmitted light. A 4-position control lets the user operate the top light only, the bottom only, or both at the same time. It can also be used to turn the lights off.
Featuring a sturdy, all-metal frame, the DC5-420TH can stand up to the daily rigors of the lab. Additionally, a number of safety features help to ensure its longevity. The rack and pinion focusing has a slip clutch and tension adjustment to prevent damage to the system. The microscope's post mount allows for up and down adjustment of the viewing head to accommodate different sized objects.
- Optical System
- Paired widefield 10x eyepieces inclined at 45° with diopter adjustment, and interpupillary adjustment from 55mm to 75mm
- Achromatic, color corrected lenses
- Continuous magnification from 10x through 40x (optional auxiliary lenses available)
- Top light (incidental is 12V, 15W halogen, bi-pin with directional beam and rheostat control
- Blue filter for transmitted light
- Bottom light (transmitted) is 12V, 10 watt halogen, bi-pin
- 4-position light control: top only / bottom only / top and bottom / off
- 12V DC power converter operates on 100-240V, 50/60Hz current, without need of additional transformer
- Tension adjustment eliminates focus "drift"
- Rack and pinion focusing with slip clutch and tension adjustment
- Heavy-duty post mount with locking collar, permits up or down adjustment of viewing head to accommodate different sized objects on stage
- Includes two 80mm stage plates: frosted glass and reversible black/white plastic contrast plate
- Two locked-on stage clips