The National Optical & Scientific Instruments DM-52 Student Microscope with Built-In Digital Camera is designed for elementary school students. The DM-52 boasts a built-in CMOS digital camera, a 45° inclined viewing head, cordless LED illumination, and student proof safety features. Additionally a 5-year warranty on the microscope ensures its spot in the classroom for years to come.
The optical system of the DM-52 includes achromatic 4x, 10x, and 40xR objectives mounted on a precision revolving objective turret, for easy magnification selection. The inclined monocular sits on a viewing head that rotates 360° for sharing between students.
Another plus of the DM-52 is the cordless, cool running LED light. Rated up to 50,000 hours of use the light is long-lasting as well as safe for live specimens. Rechargeable AA Ni-MH batteries can be recharged up to 1000 times, each 8 hour charge providing up to 50 hours of operation.
When it comes to focusing the microscope has oversized knobs that are easy for children's hands to operate. The focusing knobs provide mid-range focusing between normal coarse and fine focus ranges. Safety features, such as the slip clutch and safety rack stop, ensure that the microscope remains free from damage.
- Optical System
- Widefield 10x eyepiece with revolving pointer
- 45° inclined monocular viewing head rotates 360°
- Achromatic, color-coded 4x, 10x, 40xR objectives mounted on precision revolving objective turret, 40x, 100x, and 400x magnification
- Cool running LED light rated up to 50,000 hours of use
- Rechargeable AA nickel metal hydride batteries can be recharged up to 1000 times, with each 8 hour charge providing up to 50 hours of operation
- Included recharger shuts off when batteries are fully charged, eliminating the danger of overcharging and shortening battery life. Microscope can be used during recharging, or recharger can remain plugged-in for conventional use
- Rheostat light intensity control
- Oversized focusing knobs provide mid-range focusing between normal coarse and fine focus range
- Slip clutch prevents damage to focus mechanism
- Safety rack stop prevents damage to slides and objective lenses