The Barco ImagePRO-3G All-In-One Signal Processor is a four-input, six-output seamless switcher, a scaler that handles resolutions from 480-line NTSC up to 1080p HDTV and WUXGA (1920 x 1200), a scan converter that decodes PAL, SECAM & NTSC and encodes NTSC & PAL, an aspect ratio converter, a transcoder, and a de-interlacer. High-performance scaling is handled by Barco's proprietary Athena technology, a 10-bit image-processing technology that uses horizontal and vertical filtering techniques to provide crisp, clean images for both up- and down-conversion.
The 1080p HDTV format becomes possible thanks to the ImagePRO-3G's 3G/HD/SD-SDI input and output, which, of course, support SMPTE 424M for 3 Gb/s transfer. Besides this SDI input/output pair, there is also an array of connections for RGB (computer) video sources as well as component, composite, and S-Video; the three input channels for these all feature loop-through. True blackburst genlock input is provided so you can lock all output formats to the blackburst signal, timing together the output of multiple units and eliminating frame-rate conversion problems that would otherwise result in motion artifacts.
The ImagePRO-3G also performs flexible pan & zoom for viewing fine detail in areas of a video frame. Extensive front-panel controls allow you to select sources, adjust setup parameters, store and recall logos, and access menu functions – the menu is viewable on the front panel's electro-luminescent display.
- Employs Athena, Barco's proprietary high-performance image-processing technology
- Three universal inputs accept RGBHV/RGBS/RGsB computer video, component video (SD or HDTV), S-Video, or composite video, all with loop-through
- Independent 3G/HD/SD-SDI input
- Six video outputs: (1) 3G/HD/SD-SDI, (1) RGB or component video, (1) RGB, component, or composite video, (1) composite video, (1) DVI-D, and (1) S-Video
- User-defined aspect ratio conversion and adjustments
- Pan and zoom
- 10-bit processing
- Motion-adaptive and field-to-frame de-interlacing modes
- 3:2 pulldown detection for NTSC and 2:2 film detection for PAL video sources
- Decodes NTSC, PAL, and SECAM
- Encodes NTSC and PAL
- Ethernet & RS-232 for real-time control
- Genlock, H/V Lock, and VLock
- Executive mode: protects system configuration settings during use
- Sixty-four independent memory presets