The Nexto DI 128GB SSD NVS1501 Photo and Video Storage Device is a standalone data storage device providing you with 128GB of internal SSD memory to back up your memory cards while away from a computer. It is compatible with CF, SDHC, SDXC, and MS memory cards.
In addition to storing data from your memory cards, this device allows you to copy data onto other external storage devices and burn Blu-ray discs without the need of a computer. Mirrored offloading is also supported, enabling you to copy files from a memory card to both the NVS1501 and an external drive at the same time.
A bright, colorful 2.4" / 6.1cm LCD screen provides the option to preview all of your files, either from the internal memory or directly from the external media. Preview of Blu-ray discs is supported, too. The LCD screen is also used to manage your files and folders and to help expedite the process of transferring specific files to external drives.
The NVS1501 is well-guarded against shock and other free fall accidents. A sensor protects the HDD and read/write head in the event of a fall. A rubber jacket and bumpers are the result of a highly durable design, meant to withstand various impacts during travel and storage of the device.
- Back Up from Various Memory Cards
- Compatible with CF, SDHC, SDXC, and MS memory cards.
- Copy Modes
Fast Copy: Make a new folder and copy all the memory card data into the folder.
Copy and Verify: Same as Fast Copy, but after copying, the data on the memory card is compared with the copied data on the NVS1501 hard drive; each bit is verified.
Safe Copy: Before copying data, the NVS1501 verifies that its hard drive area is safe. If a bad sector is detected, a new, safe area is found - then a Fast Copy will begin.
CF: 80MB/s - 6 minutes, 40 seconds to transfer 32GB
SDHC/SDXC: 22MB/s - 24 minutes, 14 seconds to transfer 32GB
SDHC/SDXC, UHS-1: 60MB/s - 8 minutes, 53 seconds to transfer 32GB
MS: 12MB/s - 44 minutes, 26 seconds to transfer 32GB
- Preview Photos and Video
- Preview photo and video files, either from the internal memory or directly from the external media. Preview of Blu-ray discs is also supported.
- Copy Data to External Drive
- Export internal data to an external hard drive without needing a computer. Each time you plug in an external hard drive to the NVS1501, any files recorded since the last sync will be transferred.
- Mirrored Offloading
- Mirrored offloading is supported, allowing you to copy the files from a memory card to both the NVS1501 and an external drive at the same time.
- Designed for Data Safety and Shock Protection
Well-Guarded Against Shock and Free Fall:
A sensor protects the HDD and read/write head in the event of a fall. A rubber jacket and bumpers are the result of a highly durable design, meant to withstand various impacts during travel and storage of the device.
Bad Sector Recovery:
If a folder contains a bad sector, the device recovers the folder, copies data onto good sectors, and formats unusable sectors.
Success and Failure Feedback: Every time you turn on the NVS1501, it will display the previous backup results in order to help confirm the deletion of data stored on the memory card.
- Use as a Hard Drive
Supports high-speed data transfer:
FireWire 800: 75MB/s - 7 minutes, 10 seconds to transfer 32GB
USB 2.0: 33MB/s - 16 minutes, 17 seconds to transfer 32GB
- Versatile Power Options
- An internal battery makes the NVS1501 the perfect companion for working in the field. The device can also be powered by the power adapter, interface cables, AA battery holder, or an external battery pack.
- Charging Time
- Approximately 5 hours via power adapter or FireWire 800 cable, 9 hours via USB cable, and 10 hours via AA battery holder.
- Burning a Blu-ray Disc
- The NVS1501 supports the burning or preview of Blu-ray discs (BD-R and BD-RE) without the use of a computer. There is no support for burning a CD or DVD.