The CobraCrane II HD Portable Crane is a portable crane designed for use with DSLR and video cameras. The 11' crane can reach a height of 14' on a 5' tripod (not included), and operate at ground level as well. It's streamlined, with several pivot points making it easy to mount higher or lower on a tripod for increased control of balance. It can also easily convert to a 6' crane by removing the 4' end. The CobraCrane II HD's chain and sprocket design is particularly effective when using front-heavy cameras or large lenses--it helps eliminate the tendency of a large lens or heavy camera to tilt forward.
Minimal break-down time (5 minutes) means more efficient and productive shooting schedules. An improved 1/2" axle and new cable chain drive mechanism makes this an unusually versatile portable crane. The tripod quick release plate is removable, so that switching to your tripod's quick release plate for a secure fit onto your tripod head is quick and easy.
Any tripod that currently is used with a shoulder mount Beta, Digibeta, Varicam, Arri, Viper or Cinealta camera will most likely do very well with a CobraCrane. If your tripod is not listed here it may still work. Look for the weight rating of the tripod. If your tripod has a crank-up head, it's a good indication that its design is meant for heavier cameras and cranes. Keep in mind the size and weight of crane you plan to use. The CobraCrane II HD is compatible with Manfrotto 510, 516, 519, 526 heads, or similarly rated heads. Mounting the crane on an available tripod with a fluid head adds tilt capability.
- Quick Setup & Breakdown
- Sets up in minutes - no additional tools required, with breakdown time of approximately 5 minutes
- Suitable for DSLR & video cameras
- The CobraCrane II HD weighs just 36 lb (16.32 kg)
- Ease of Use
- With only minutes of practice, get those hard-to-get shots
- Adjustable Height
- Crane can operate up to 14' high (on a 5' tripod) and down as low as ground level
- Camera Tilt
- In basic configuration, the camera platform stays set and does not tilt as you crane up and down. However, mounting the crane on an available, suitable tripod with fluid head allows you to tilt the fluid head and have the cranes camera platform follow the motion of the tilt.
- Precise Control
- The CobraCrane II HD has a bigger and stronger 1/2" axle and a new cable chain drive mechanism, for a lighter crane with a chain and sprocket tilt drive mechanism
- Works with a wide variety of cameras and tripods
- Proper Tool for the Job
- Optional extension kit offers two lengths for a variety of shot requirements
- Solid construction and built to last--CobraCranes are rock solid