The Elinchrom Zoom Pro Head is compatible with all Elinchrom power packs made in or after 1981. Its Intelligent Flash Cooling system responds to the heat generated by the 300W modeling lamp and 3,000W/s flash tube by running faster at peak performance and slower at lower power, thus extending the life both. The head derives its name from the unique focusing design that allows you to move the flash tube closer or further away from the reflector like an open face hot light for harder or softer effects or to perfectly fill the accessory in use.
While the recycling time is determined by the pack in use, suffice it to say that the Zoom Pro can handle anything in the Elinchrom family of products. The head features a clear, protective glass dome and has a built-in 90° reflector which is perfect for umbrellas or soft boxes. A standard, built-in Elinchrom bayonet mount gives you access to the huge array of legendary EL-Reflector and Rotalux light shaping tools.
- Characteristics and Features
- Small user-replaceable, plug-in UV coated flash tube with short flash durations and better power control.
- Included transparent, security glass dome.
- The Zoom Head can be either used with 110 or 230 V Elinchrom power packs. Swap the halogen modeling lamp and fuse to conform to the correct voltage.
- Efficient built-in reflector, with a 90° light distribution to maximize softbox performance. Additionally, there's a zoom function for the flash tube and modeling lamp for a wider or more focused light beam when used with reflectors.
- Reflector-bayonet mount with breech locking ring fits all Elinchrom reflectors since 1974. Huge EL-Reflector and ROTALUX softbox range.
- Centered umbrella fitting with additional umbrella holder at the tilt head.
- Efficient low-noise fan-cooling. The fan spins slowly at low temperatures and fast when the head heats up.
- Illuminated on/off modeling lamp switch, with LED overheat indication. The halogen modeling lamp shuts off when the red warning LED lights up, until the head cools down. The flash function remains active.
- Aluminum chassis with fire resistant housing.
- Extremely lightweight, only 5.0 (2.3 kg), including the 16.4' (5 m) heavy-duty flash cable.