Sound Forge Pro 10 (Educational Version) from Sony Creative Software is a comprehensive suite of audio tools in a single application that gives producers and audio editors complete control over all facets of audio editing and mastering. The program provides pristine sound quality, supporting up to 32-bit/64-bit float, 192 kHz audio files. It also allows for precise cut, copy, paste editing of up to 32 channels of audio, with the ability to work at the sample level, add fades and crossfades, drag and drop between channels, and a lot more.
Sound Forge Pro 10 also lets you record up to 32 channels of audio (dependent on the channel count of your audio interface). It gives you 40 effects plug-ins including the Zplane élastique Pro timestretch and pitch shift plug-in. Also included is iZotope's Mastering Effects Bundle 2, which provides a powerful set of mastering tools.
In addition, Sound Forge Pro 10 supports multiple video formats and allows for frame-by-frame synchronization. It provides templates for writing video files in a number of resolutions including HDV-compliant 720p and 1080i, AVI, and more. Some other notable features include Dolby Digital AC-3 export, Gracenote CD album identification, and Windows 7 compatibility.
Version 10 also marks the debut of some significant new features. Floating Window Docks and Customizable Window Layouts allow you to rearrange the user interface to suit your workflow. Default Fade Types lets you preset the parameters for fade in/out curves and wet/dry mix. Tabbed Browsing allows for grouping and easy browsing of data windows. Custom Selection Grid Lines streamlines loop creation with time-signature based grid lines. Finally, learning Sound Forge Pro's interface is now easier thanks to the new interactive tutorials.
- Pristine Sound Quality
- Sound Forge Pro 10 software supports full resolution 24-bit and 32-bit/64-bit float 192 kHz files for the ultimate in audio fidelity. Capture the subtle overtones and nuances of instruments, vocals, and effect changes. Additionally, Sound Forge Pro 10 software includes industry-leading iZotope MBIT Dither (bit-depth conversion) and 64-Bit SRC(sample rate conversion) for the highest in audio quality.
- Precise Audio Editing
- Edit mono, stereo, and multichannel audio files (up to 32 channels) down to the sample level. Use familiar Windows commands to cut, copy, paste, mix, and crossfade audio. Perform precise event editing and create fades, crossfades, and mix audio with ease. Drag and drop audio between channels and work on one file while processing others in the background.
- Powerful Audio Recording
- Sound Forge Pro 10 software has a complete set of tools for recording audio. Record straight into your sound card or use the Record Timer to begin and end a session at a specific time and date. Alternatively, you can start recording when a certain audio threshold is reached with Threshold Record Triggering. You can also record and edit multichannel audio files as easily as stereo files.
- Includes Tools for Sound Design and Mastering
- The Sound Forge Pro 10 audio production suite also includes Noise Reduction 2 plug-ins to fix common audio problems such as tape hiss, camera hum, clicks, and pops, powerful Spectrum Analysis tools for analyzing audio, and the Mastering Effects Bundle 2 powered by iZotope, a collection of six professional audio plug-ins. Sound Forge Pro 10 software also includes integrated disc-at-once (DAO) CD mastering for producing Red Book audio CDs.
- Effects Processing
- Apply over 40 professional studio effects and processes including Normalize, EQ, Delay, Chorus, Volume, Dynamics, Noise Gate, Pitch Shift, Flange, and Vibrato. Sound Forge Pro 10 software includes high-quality Zplane élastique Pro timestretch and pitch shift plug-in for pristine audio mastering.
- 24-bit, 32-bit/64-Bit Float/192 kHz Support
- Sound Forge Pro 10 software supports full resolution 24-bit/32-bit 192 kHz files for the ultimate in audio fidelity. Capture the subtle overtones and nuances of instruments, vocals, and effect changes that 24-bit audio provides. With Sound Forge audio software you can import, save, and even record to this resolution if using supported hardware.
- Sound Forge Pro 10 software supports multiple video formats including AVI, WMV, and MPEG-1 and MPEG-2. Precisely synchronize audio and video frame by frame. Sound Forge Pro 10 software includes MPEG-2 templates for writing HDV-compliant files at both 720p and 1080i resolutions, and AVI templates using the CineForm CFHD codec for 720p and 1080i intermediate renders. Also included are templates for encoding WMV 720p and 1080p.
- Dolby Digital AC-3 Export
- Use Sound Forge Pro 10 software to export multichannel files in surround AC-3 format using the included Dolby Digital AC-3 plug-in.
- Microsoft Windows 7 Compatible
- Sound Forge Pro 10 software is fully compatible with the Microsoft Windows 7 platform.
- Gracenote CD Album Identification
- Sound Forge Pro 10 software supports the Gracenote MusicID Media Recognition Service. When extracting audio from a CD, you can view information including track title, artist, and also submit song information.
- Regions List and Playlist Windows
- The Regions List and Playlist windows in Sound Forge Pro 10 software have features for fast in-place editing and sorting. Quickly edit regions by typing new values in the Name, Start, End, or Length fields.
- Interface Color Customization
- The Sound Forge Pro 10 user interface is fully customizable. Most Interface elements including waveform and envelope colors, markers, and default window heights can be customized to fit your workflow.
- Media Explorer with Automatic Previewing
- Quickly and easily find, preview, and open media files using the Media Explorer window. Drag files and regions from the Explorer into the workspace or onto another open file for easy pasting, mixing, or crossfading. Explore audio files on a CD-ROM and extract automatically by dragging from the Explorer into the Sound Forge workspace.
- ACID Loop-Creation Tools
- Create your own music loops for use in ACID software. Display and edit ACID .wav file properties including tempo and root note, finely edit audio clips and shift selections to get the sound you want. When you create a loop, the information you set is embedded in the file, so your loops will change tempo and pitch-shift along with your ACID project.
New In Sound Forge Pro 10
- Floating Window Docks
- Sound Forge Pro 10 software includes enhancements for customizing the layout and positioning of the traditional Sound Forge workspace. Dock and group windows within the Sound Forge interface, customizing the environment to fit the way you work.
- Customizable Window Layouts
- Design Sound Forge Pro 10 editing environments to maximize your productivity. Create and save multiple interface layout configurations for single- and dual-monitor systems. Easily recall a window layout for specific editing tasks including audio editing, CD layout, multichannel file editing, and more.
- Default Fade Types
- Set the default wet/dry mix and fade in/out curves that will be used when editing audio files, providing a more efficient workflow during an editing session.
- Tabbed Browsing
- With Sound Forge Pro 10 software, you can group maximized data windows together and easily browse them via tabs, increasing speed and efficiency when editing multiple audio files.
- Custom Selection Grid Lines
- Creating loops from existing material is now easier than ever. Use grid lines to visually divide audio selections into equal parts based on time signature for more efficient and accurate editing.
- Interactive Tutorials
- Spend less time learning and more time editing and mastering using the new integrated tutorials in Sound Forge Pro 10 software. These tutorials provide walkthrough demonstrations of common features and functionality, including DAO CD burning, vinyl recording and restoration for easy analog to digital conversion, and more