The Intuit TurboTax Basic 2011 is software offering step-by-step guidance to make doing your taxes easy. It is designed for simple tax returns like the 1040EZ and is ideal for those who are renters or who own a home but don't have a mortgage. TurboTax Basic guides you through your taxes like a GPS navigation unit, providing extra help for first-time users. It asks you questions in plain English and puts your answers on the proper tax forms. At that point, just e-file or print your tax return--it really is that simple!
All the help you need is at your fingertips, with Online chat, Ask the community, FAQs and answers, and Talk to a person options. Get your refund fast with e-file: File your return electronically, receive an email confirmation within 48 hours, and get your refund in as little as 7 days (typically 7-14)! There's no additional cost to efile your federal tax returns. Efiling your state personal return(s) costs $19.95 per efile.
Filing Multiple Returns? It's easy: Prepare unlimited federal returns and efile up to five federal tax returns (the limit set by the IRS) at no additional cost. If you prefer the good old-fashioned print and mail option, no problem; you can print as many additional returns as you like for no additional charge. TurboTax Basic provides everything you need to easily do your simple tax return.
Does the Hard Work for You
- Asks Easy Questions, Tailored to You
- Guides you step by step through your tax return, then puts your answers on the correct tax forms for you, including 1040EZ, 1040A and 1040. Skips interview questions that don't apply to you, so you can finish your return more quickly.
- Automatically Fills in W-2 and 1099 Info
- Gets your W-2 and 1099 data directly from over 100,000 participating employers and financial institutions and automatically puts it on the proper tax forms. A brief summary allows you to review and edit downloaded information, if necessary.
- Transfers Last Year's Tax Info
- No retyping is necessary. Fills in information from your previous year's return to save time and increase accuracy. Shows you what you're importing and where it goes in your return. You can even import from other tax software, including TaxACT and H&R Block's TaxCut.
- Imports a PDF of Last Year's Tax Return
- This new feature easily imports prior year tax data / documents from TurboTax, other tax software brands (Windows only) and tax stores. Documents must be imported in electronic (PDF) format.
- Imports Your Financial Data
- Imports information from your financial software, including Quicken, QuickBooks 2007 and higher (Windows only) and Microsoft Money, so you can skip the cut-and-paste this year.
- Makes it Easy to Hold Your Place
- Flag areas in your tax return so you can get back to them easily.
Provides Help When You Need It
- Live Tax Answers
- Get live answers online from TurboTax experts and other TurboTax users in the Live Community (requires Internet access). Plus, you'll have instant access to answers to commonly asked tax questions on every screen.
- Straightforward Guidance and Advice
- Find assistance on any tax topic from anywhere within TurboTax. Get plain-English explanations of specific tax areas and helpful examples when you need them.
- Life Events Expert
- Explains how changes in your life, such as purchasing a home, changing jobs or becoming a parent, will affect your taxes, so you can confidently prepare your return.
- Guide Me
- Uncertain how to answer a tax question? Not to worry--TurboTax will guide you to the right answer, making your taxes even easier.
- FREE Technical Support
- Got a software question? No problem. Get answers from a TurboTax expert via phone or live chat.
Spots Errors and Shows You How to Fix Them
- Smart Check Scans for Mistakes
- Smart Check double-checks your return for errors, so you can be extra-confident your taxes are done correctly.
- Guaranteed Accurate Calculations
If you should get hit with an IRS or state penalty or interest due to a TurboTax calculation error, TurboTax will pay you the penalty and interest.
Please note: Claims must be submitted within sixty (60) days of your TurboTax filing date and no later than 6/17/12. E-file, Audit Defense, Ask a Tax Expert, Refund Transfer and technical support fees are excluded. This guarantee cannot be combined with the TurboTax Satisfaction (Easy) Guarantee.
- Keeps You Up-to-Date with the Latest Tax Forms
- With just one click, you can check for updates every time you start to ensure your return includes the latest IRS and state tax forms. No more disruptions while you work on your return!
Get Your Refund Faster with Included Federal Efile
- Shows Your Tax Refund in Real Time
- Watch your refund add up as you complete your return. Dual Refund Monitor constantly shows and updates both your federal and state refunds (or taxes due) as you complete your federal return.
- Federal Efile Included
- Get your refund in as little as 8 days with efile and direct deposit. Free federal efile is included at no additional charge. If you're a returning user, TurboTax will automatically transfer your efile information from your previous year's return to save you even more time!
- New Options to Get Your Refund Fast
- Direct deposit your tax refund on a TurboTax Refund Card, a reloadable Visa prepaid card that can be used everywhere Visa debit is accepted. Shop online, pay bills and get cash at ATMs nationwide (fees may apply, see Cardholder Agreement for details). Your money is protected if your card is lost or stolen (Certain limitations and a lost card replacement fee may apply. See "Your Liability for Unauthorized Transfers" in the Cardholder Agreement for details). Or, you can put your refund on a prepaid card you already have. No bank account or credit check required.
Additional Features To Make Doing Your Taxes Even Easier
- Search Topics or Forms
- Looking for a particular form? Simply type in the name of the form and TurboTax will take you to it.
- Compares Sales Tax vs. State Income Tax Deduction Savings
- Shows you which tax deduction will get you the biggest savings: Sales tax paid or state and local income tax paid.
- Takes the Confusion Out of Vehicle Registration Deductions
- Tells you whether you can deduct vehicle registration costs and how to take the deduction.
- Summarizes Your Tax Situation
- Compares this year's return to last year's return and shows you how your numbers compare with the U.S. average, so you can be assured that your taxes are accurate.
- Explains AMT and How to Avoid It
- Gain a better understanding of the Alternative Minimum Tax (AMT) and how it affects your bottom line. Learn why you may be subject to AMT and how you can avoid it going forward.
- Helps with Education Credits and Deductions
- Tells you who qualifies for education credits, which expenses are deductible and how to save the most money.
- Handles Social Security and Other Types of Income
- Gives you extra help entering Social Security income, Disability income, Supplemental Security income and dependent's Social Security income.
- Simplifies Estimated Tax Payments
- Explains how estimated taxes work and tells you whether you need to make estimated quarterly payments.
- Risk Free
- Unsure that the Basic Edition will cover your unique situation? Start anytime and we will prompt you if another TurboTax program may be better for you. When you upgrade, the info you've already entered so far will automatically transfer.
- Guides You Step by Step Through Amending Returns, If Need Be
- TurboTax makes it easy to amend your return. Need more time? You may submit an application for a filing extension with a few simple clicks.