The Tascam DR-40 On-Camera DSLR Audio Kit is a B&H Kit that includes everything needed for convenient audio recording with an HDSLR camera. The heart of the kit is the silver version of the Tascam DR-40 Handheld Digital Audio Recorder, which offers pro-quality audio in a compact design. It can capture WAV or MP3 files to SD/SDHC flash memory cards. An SD card is included so you can store hours of recordings. The recorder has adjustable condenser microphones, as well as XLR and 1/4" combo inputs to accept external sound sources. A USB 2.0 connector lets you transfer recordings to a computer.
The kit also includes an accessory shoe adapter with 1/4-20 threading so you can attach the recorder to your camera's accessory shoe via the threaded tripod socket. The provided cable connects to the recorder's output and attenuates the audio signal to the desired mic level for the camera's input. The cable is 1' long to eliminate excess slack and tangling and has a 3.5mm headphone jack for convenient monitoring using the included stereo headphones. A furry windscreen is also included to reduce the effects of wind noise when recording outside.
This Kit Includes:
- Tascam DR-40 4-Track Handheld Digital Audio Recorder (Bronze)
- SanDisk 16GB Ultra UHS-I SDHC Memory Card (Class 10)
- Revo Hot Shoe to 1/4"-20 Male Post Adapter
- Polsen HPC-A30 Closed-Back Studio Monitor Headphones
- Kopul ACH4-25MON Line-to-Mic Attenuator Cable
- Auray WRW-DR40 Custom Windbuster for Tascam DR-40