The Pro2 Gimbal Head from Jobu Design is a redesigned version of the popular Black Widow line of gimbal heads from Jobu. The Pro2 is lighter and even stronger than its predecessor, with a completely redesigned, 400% stiffer swing arm, which is CNC-machined out of solid aluminum.
As its strength was improved, the Pro2 was also given an integrated Arca-style quick-release clamp, which saved on weight compared to the previous version. But even while exacting 2 oz of overall weight savings, Jobu made no compromises on the head's ruggedness – among its tests, the manufacturer even took a hammer to this model, which suffered no ill effects from the thrashing.
The Pro2 is rated to support over 35 lb – essentially, the longest telephoto lens you can find (800mm-plus) will be well-served by this silky-smooth gimbal. Like the earlier version, the Pro2 Gimbal Head features a horizontal mounting element, which is much easier for installing the lens and serves to avoid the shear stress on the lens collar that side-mounting introduces.
Note! Requires Arca-style camera plate – not included.
- Redesigned from the Ground Up
- For this updated Pro2 gimbal head, Jobu completely redesigned the swing arm and internal components to reduce weight and improve stiffness & overall strength
- Ball Bearings
- Full ball-bearing support in tilt axis for zero static or dynamic friction, resulting in 100% smooth movement
- Arca-Type Quick-Release System
- The Arca-Swiss-type quick-release base allows the head to be used with any of the many "Arca-Swiss-type" plates, available from Arca-Swiss, Foba, NPC, Novoflex, and more
- Horizontal Mount
- The horizontal mount is CNC-machined for lightness, yet retains its high strength. A fully retained quick-turn knob allows infinite balance position adjustment and steadfast clamping.
- Horizontal Lockout Knob
- The horizontal tilt motion can be locked out for complete safety, with a low-profile lockout switch (locks tilt movement for travel). This cannot break off, and it's easily replaceable if ever necessary. Whether for transporting over the shoulder, or for changing cameras without removing the lens, the lockout knob will stop the head from moving
- Ergonomically Designed Knobs
- Soft-touch rubberized knobs offer strong clamping and easy use with bare or gloved hands – especially when wet
- Maintenance-Free Design
- Requires no maintenance. Nylon bushings will not wear out, and heavy-duty waterproof grease is used to create the silky-smooth operation
- All-Weather Design
- From the hard powder-coated support arm, to the stainless steel shafts, to the black anodized clamp, the finish will endure the worst a photographer can throw at it