The 803 12-Channel Programmable Master Station from Telex is the hub for the two-wire intercom system. Call signaling is standard on all twelve intercom channels. For applications requiring four-wire operation, IFB panel emulation or ISO panel emulation the circuitry is already there; you simply install an option cable to the back panel, set one or two internal DIP switches (IFB and ISO emulate only) and you're ready to go. For all other applications, everything you need is in the box.
The 803 12-Channel Programmable Master Station is installed in major broadcast and industrial application venues worldwide. With unparalleled industry acceptance, no other product offers this level of comprehensive communications control.
- Audio Inputs and Outputs
- 12 intercom channels (channels 1-12); 3 auxiliary channels (channels 13-15); 2 program inputs; 2 headset dynamic-mic inputs and headphone outputs; 2 headset carbon-mic inputs and headphone outputs; 2 electret panel mic inputs; 1 built-in speaker and 1 switched speaker output; 1 unswitched, balanced mic output (hot mic)
- Control Inputs and Outputs
- 6 DPDT relay outputs and 1 external switch contact input, all assignable via the front panel setup-mode; 12 dedicated, open-collector keying outputs (one for each intercom channel); 1 RS-232/RS-485 port for remote control, programming, and monitoring
- Three Operating Modes
- 1) normal operation, where front panel controls are used for intercommunications 2) setup mode, where front panel buttons access the user-programmable setup features; 3) DTMF mode, where the keypad is used for telephone dialing on a selected intercom channel
- Audio Input Control
- Complete control of audio mix for all audio inputs via a combination of user controls, setup trimmers and the RS-232/RS-485 port. All audio inputs are assignable, via setup mode, to left headphone, right headphone, speaker, or any combination
- Two-Wire and Four-Wire Operation
- Two-wire operation (with or without nulling) or four-wire operation independently selectable for each intercom channel via front panel setup mode; two-wire operation is standard (balanced or unbalanced); four-wire intercom channel operation requires an optional 50-pin connector); auxiliary channels 13 & 14 are four-wire only; auxiliary channel 15 is two-wire only. All channels (intercom and auxiliary) support simultaneous two-way communication (full duplex)
- ISO Operation
- Compatible with RTS VIE-306 Video ISO system; interfaces with external RTS VCP-6 or VCP-12 ISO panels, or emulates these panels internally (requires one optional 50-pin connector for VCP-6 emulation; two for VCP-12 emulation)
- IFB Operation
- Compatible with RTS model 4000 IFB system; interfaces with external RTS model 4001 or 4002 IFB panels, or emulates these panels internally (requires one optional 50-pin connector for model 4001 emulation; two for model 4002 emulation). Also supports local IFB, where any channel may be configured as a stand-alone IFB
- User Programmable Setup Features
- A variety of programmable features allow the user to customize, simplify, and automate communication tasks. (Features list includes original 802 features plus new features.) ¨ Control signals: Call send and receive (compatible with TW intercom system), with 3 chime tones (or no chime) selectable for call send; talk-off send (compatible with RTS TW intercom system); global reset send DTMF send (for touch-tone dialing).
- Control Signals
- Call send and receive (compatible with TW intercom system), with 3 chime tones (or no chime) selectable for call send; talk-off send (compatible with RTS TW intercom system); global reset send (compatible with RTS VIE-306 video ISO system); DTMF send (for touch-tone dialing)