The Shining Technology CitiDISK HDV External Hard Disk Recorder (250 GB) uses FireWire to enable tapeless video acquisition directly to hard drive from your HDV, DV, or DVCPRO/DVCPRO50/DVCPRO HD camcorder. Recording files that are compatible with the broad range of nonlinear editing systems, the CitiDISK stores video clips as DV, AVI, MOV, or M2T formats (HDV streams are always stored as M2T).
By pressing the record button in your camcorder's VCR mode, you can easily archive HD, HDV, or DV footage to available formats for backup purposes. The recorder accepts commands from the camcorder, and the playback functions let you navigate clips on the camcorder's viewfinder.
The CitiDISK HDV recorder automatically detects incoming MiniDV, DVCAM, DV, DVCPRO, DVCPRO50, DVCPRO HD & HDV stream formats and 2-channel/16bit/48 kHz, 2-channel/16-bit/44.1 kHz & 4-channel/12-bit/32 kHz audio sampling rates, and it provides recording & playback support for all of these formats.
With pre-scene loop recording, you'll never miss an important scene, as the HDV/DV/DV50 streams are continuously buffered in internal memory and instantly recorded to the unit's hard drive when the record button is pressed.
A 90-minute rechargeable Lithium Polymer battery is embedded in the recorder, and this ensures non-stop shooting even after the optional 3-hour external battery (not included) power drains. The lightweight recorder is shock-resistant, with internal shock-absorption cushioning. A belt-configured carrying pouch is included in the package, which can fit multiple types of external battery packs.
- The external hard disk recorder uses a FireWire interface, allowing tapeless video acquisition
- Footage from HDV/DV camcorder tapes is converted into formats that are compatible with NLEs
- Video clips from the camcorder are stored in one of DV, AVI, MOV, or M2T formats in a pre-formatted FAT32 hard drive (HDV streams are always stored in M2T format)
- HDV/DV footage can be easily archived to available formats for backup by pressing the record button in with the camera in VCR mode
- Playback from the camcorder's viewfinder is supported
- Automatically detects incoming video and audio formats
- Pre-scene loop recording
- Features a 90-minute rechargeable lithium polymer battery that ensures non-stop shooting even after the optional 3-hour external (not included) battery power has drained
- Lightweight and compact
- Shock-resistant: internal shock-absorption cushioning
- Includes a belt-configured carrying pouch, which can fit multiple types of external battery packs