Automated Lighting Programmers Handbook, 2nd Edition takes you through the exciting world of lighting design. From daily operations through creative challenges, you'll get a full course in how to deal with the many aspects of this fascinating discipline.
Brad examines concepts such as programmed lighting as well pre-production problem and techniques. You'll learn how to troubleshoot and deal with the various people you'll have on your crew. In addition, you'll get a rundown of LED and digital lighting, console work and much more.
The book also includes input from such lighting notables as Butch Allen, Jason Badger, Mike Baldassari, Richard Belliveau, Allen Branton, John Broderick, Dall Brown, Mark Butts, David Chance, Christian Choi, Vickie Claiborne, David Davidian, Patrick Dierson, C. Andrew Dunning, Mike Falconer, John Featherstone, Cory Fitzgerald, Laura Frank, Demfis Fyssicopulos, Craig Gaff, Steve Garner, Jon Griffin, Tim Grivas, Rob Halliday, Bryan Hartley, Bud Horowitz, Steve Irwin, Seth Jackson, Mark "Junior" Jacobson, Shannon January, David "Gurn" Kaniski, Mats Karlson, Eric Kennedy, Tom Kenny, Hillary Knox, Marcus Krömer, Jim Lenahan, Steve Lieberman, Esteban Lima, Heath Marrinan, Michael Nevitt, Adrian Ngieng, Paul Normandale, Jim Ohrberg, Steve Owens, Mitch Peebles, Paul Pelletier, John Rayment, Benoit Richard, Scott Riley, Larry "Uncle Fester" Robbins, Timothy F. Rogers, Susan Rose, Arnold Serame, Marsha Stern, Henry M. Sume, Howard Ungerleider, Lawrence Upton, Jon "Hillbilly" Weir, and Ross Williams.
About the Author: Brad Schiller has over 20 years experience programming. His past productions include the 68th Annual Academy Awards, and the 2000 Olympic Games. He's a contributor to PLSN magazine and resides in Austin, Texas.
- 10 Things Every Programmer Should Know
- Chapter 1: Programming Philosophies
- Chapter 2: Automated Lighting Concepts
- Chapter 3: Preparing for Programming
- Chapter 4: Basic Programming
- Chapter 5: Intermediate Programming
- Chapter 6: Advanced Programming
- Chapter 7: Digital Lighting, the Future is Here
- Chapter 8: LED Lighting
- Chapter 9: The Age of Networking
- Chapter 10: Programming Genres
- Chapter 11: Troubleshooting
- Chapter 12: Programmer and Designer Relationships
- Chapter 13: Words of Wisdom from Industry Professionals
- Appendix A: Sydney 2000 Olympic Games Journal
- Appendix B: Metallica Touring Journal
- Appendix C: The Crystal Method Tour: A Case Study