The Photo Clam PT225 Pro Gold 5-Section Carbon Fiber Tripod is a sturdy, lightweight professional tripod that supports loads up to 28.7 lb. Constructed of lightweight carbon fiber, the tripod weighs only 2.9 lb, making it suitable to pack along for hikes, trips, and other photographic expeditions. At only 16.9" folded length with a head attached (head not included), the PT225 will fit easily into any carry-on bag and most backpacks.
When it's time to shoot, the leg stages descend and the center column rises to reach a maximum height of 64.1", for a remarkably large ratio between folded length and maximum height. The 5-section legs fold upward 180° to achieve the tight folded package; the feet extend past the tripod's collar to line up with the top of a head, if one is attached.
Many other features make the PT225 a suitable on-the-go tripod for outdoor photography. A leg warmer facilitates a firm grip as you grab the tripod to re-position it. Foot spikes enable you to "dig deep" into loose terrain. The legs can be set independently at different angles to accommodate uneven terrain. A Ground Level Set position (with the legs a mere 5° from the ground) allows you to position your camera extremely close to the ground (less than 3") if you remove the rapid center column. Just affix the collar directly to the top casting, with the included plate underneath.
- 64.1" maximum height with center column extended
- 54.7" maximum height with column retracted
- Rubber feet for smooth surfaces
- Foot spikes for loose terrain
- Center column is reversible for uses such as macro photography
- The center column hook allows you to attach a ballast for added stability in windy conditions
- Comes with a soft bag for convenient transport and storage