The Olympus FL-36 Electronic Flash is specifically designed for digital with an accurate 1/8 step illumination control to provide the precision required by digital cameras, while minimizing illumination reduction. The built-in wide-angle diffuser panel will allow the flash to provide even illumination with wide angle lenses like the new Zuiko Digital 14mm-45mm zoom. The inclusion of a lockable bounce and swivel mechanism offers a variety of bounce photography options including left-right, as well as top-bottom in addition to a compact zoom head to accommodate lenses from wide angle to telephoto.
The FL-36 also features a newly designed energy circuit that improves recharge rates and enables the flash to operate on just two AA batteries or one CR-3 Volt lithium. In addition, the FL-36 incorporates an ultra-precision mounting technology communicating with the E-1 and new EVOLT E-300 for control. The FL-36 is compact, lightweight and extremely portable. Additionally, it is approximately 25% shorter and 35% lighter than the larger FL-50 flash, a significant space and weight savings.
- Selectable Flash Modes
- With several different TTL and manual modes available, you'll get the right amount of control for your shooting needs. (Flash Modes include TTL AUTO, AUTO, MANUAL, FP TTL AUTO, FP MANUAL)
- Compact and Light Weight Design
- The smaller size and lighter weight of the flash (as compared to the FL-50) is well suited to the latest E-series digital cameras (E1, E300).
- Super-Energy-Saving Circuitry
- The Super-Energy-Saving circuitry improves recharge rates and enables the flash to operate on just two AA batteries or one CR-V3 (LB-01) lithium battery.
- Variable Coverage Angle
- Flash coverage is automatically adjusted to the image area in several steps during zooming.
- Variable and Controllable Output
- With the Olympus digital SLR, you can adjust the flash intensity in 1/3 EV steps, and it also offers features such as red-eye reduction, slow synchronisation and second curtain synchronisation