The Marshall Electronics V-LCD90MD 9" High Resolution HDMI Camera Monitor is a very neatly-designed camera monitor with a polycarbonate-coated 1280 x 768 high-resolution, high-contrast display, with highly-sophisticated focus and exposure-assist features, with a simple-to-operate icon-driven operating system, and with all the right the buttons well-organized on the bottom portion of the front panel.
The monitor is white-LED backlit for added brightness and is equipped with IPS technology allowing a superior viewing angle from farther and farther away. HDMI input and output/pass through connections are on the back panel, with the input giving you 8 channels of de-embedded stereo audio. You can monitor the audio on-screen on a dual-bar Waveform display or/and with headphones by a headphone output located right at the front among all the buttons. Also -- this monitor is modular and can optionally be upgraded with 3G-SDI input and output configurations attached onto the back near the rest of the connections.
For mounting, a 1/4"-20 screw-hole is available on every side of the monitor. And for power, a power supply comes included and additionally any of a very long list of batteries can optionally be attached. (Please see the Specifications tab for the full list. Battery adapters are sold separately.)
- DSLR Ratio Adjustment
- Lets you scale video that does not completely fill the monitor's screen when connected by HDMI in "Record" mode on certain Canon DSLRs. You can scale DSLR video output, fill the screen, and eliminate black pillar bars with a variety of options to choose select, from Normal, to 3:2, 16:9, and Full Screen. DSLR Ratio Adjustment is programmable to one of the four user-configurable buttons on the front panel.
- Waveform and Audio Clip Guide
- The V-LCD90MD incorporates both a Waveform display and Stereo Audio bars. These may be displayed separately or together in any one of the four corners of the monitor. The Stereo Audio is de-embedded from either the input.
- Zebra Clip Guide
- The Zebra function visually filters parts of images under a Lower Threshold or over an Upper Threshold. Data on either side of the filters can be displayed with a custom color. Zebra can also be inverted to filter the area between the Upper and Lower Threshold. The color selected for the Lower Threshold acts as the color for all inverted Zebra data.
- Input Crop with Auto Scaling
- The Input Crop function selects the area of active video that you would like shown on the image display. Select the desired Input by accessing the Adjust option on the screen.
- Custom Pixel-to-Pixel Panning
- Lets you select a custom Pixel-to-Pixel zone and use the COLOR knob to move your selection LEFT and RIGHT and the CONTRAST knob to move UP or DOWN. The SELECT button locks in your selection.
- False Color
- Helps set camera exposure. As the camera Iris is adjusted, elements of the image will change color based on the luminance or brightness values.
- Helps get the sharpest possible picture. When activated, the internal processor will display a colored highlight on the screen where sharp edges appear. When the camera operator adjusts ("racks") the focus control / camera lens, different parts of the image will have these colored highlights. This indicates that this portion of the image is sharp or in focus. Final focus is achieved by racking the camera lens focus control back and forth until the desired portion of the image has the colored highlights.
- Adjustable Screen Markers
- A variety of screen markers in 4:3, 16:9, and full screen modes allow accurate monitoring of the different aspect ratios used in broadcast environments. User Markers allow for custom aspect ratio, cropping framing, now with a choice of four colors and variable width lines.
- 6 Custom Configuration Presets
- Six User Setting Presets allow the user to save six system configuration files for later recall when needed. These configuration files will save 38 different parameters that can be adjusted by the user.
- User-Definable Function Buttons
- Four user-definable function buttons on the front-panel allow quick access to numerous settings and features including focus-assist, false color filter, aspect ratio, screen markers, monochrome mode, color temperature, delay mode, and more.
- Stereo Headphone Output
- You can monitor 8 channels of audio from the HDMI input.