The Sunwayfoto DPL-03 Universal L-Bracket Quick-Release Plate enables fast changes between portrait and landscape orientation – without the need to readjust your head and completely recompose the shot. Because there are dovetail grooves on both the horizontal and vertical elements, you can simply release the bracket from your Arca-style quick-release clamp (not included), tilt it 90°, and lock the bracket back in place. Using an L-bracket also facilitates a sturdier base of support than tilting an entire head to a 90° position.
Machined from solid aircraft-grade aluminum, the DPL-03 Universal L-Bracket fits most SLR film cameras and of course DSLRs – it was built with the Nikon D80/D700/D7000 and Canon 7D specifically in mind. The DPL-03 features several 1/4"-20 screw mounting holes so that you can select the proper side-to-side position of your camera. To keep the camera from twisting, there's a flange on one side. To accommodate large cameras, the flange can be removed easily.
- The camera can be mounted in several horizontal positions to achieve proper balance, at holes 1.58-3.0" from the vertical element of the bracket
- The flange includes mounting hardware for attaching and detaching it from the bracket
- Smooth corners
- High-quality anodizing ensures a scratch-free finish
- The strap hole provides a spot for fastening a camera strap, for carrying the camera comfortably and securely while it's mounted to the bracket
- Standard screw mounting holes on both the horizontal and vertical segments of the bracket