The Cineroid EVF Metal with HDMI Input & Output is an excellent monitoring solution for your DSLR camera or any camcorder with an HDMI output. For camera operators who enjoy the intimacy (and light-blocking capabilities) of a viewfinder, this EVF provides an optical loupe that features a multi-coated lens and a comfortable eyecup. This loupe can flip away 180° or detach completely so the EVF Metal can function as a professional-quality 3.2" LCD screen.
With its zebra, peaking, false color, and clipping guide functions, you'll be able to monitor with confidence the exposure and focus of the images that your camera captures – enjoying functions that are likely not built into your DSLR. For a true native view, there's a pixel-to-pixel mode that zooms in to display the native resolution on the 800 x 480-resolution screen. With the built-in diopter, the viewfinder is appropriate even for those who wear glasses.
This EVF Metal model accepts an HDMI input from your camera (a short cable is included) and supplies a loop output for additional monitoring by the director on a second high-quality, low-cost HDMI display (sold separately). The EVF mounts to the included Mini Ball Head, which has a shoe mount at the bottom for attaching directly to your camera. Or employ the monitor's 1/4"-20 thread to attach the EVF to any Israeli arm or other mount with a compatible stud.
- Peaking Function for Focus Assist
- The EVF Metal's peaking function helps you set focus accurately by displaying edges in a red color or by enhancing image edges with white lines
- Zebra Function for Exposure
- The zebra function allows you to check the exposure of your image
- False Color & Clipping Guide
- The EVF also provides a clipping guide and two types of false color
- Anamorphic Display & Crop Guides
- Anamorphic display shows a stretched image properly, while crop guides darken horizontal sections of the screen, so you can frame properly within areas that will survive a later cropping operation
- Pixel-to-Pixel Mapping
- For a fine-grain view of the native resolution of the captured image (or at least a portion of it), the EVF's pixel-to-pixel mode zooms in to the image so that every pixel displayed on the monitor is a pixel captured by the camera
- Monochrome Function
- Many camera operators prefer a viewfinder that displays a black & white image; for those folks, the EVF Metal offers a monochrome function
- Underscan shrinks the screen image slightly, so you can be 100% certain of what's happening at the edges of the frame
- Audio Functions
- The monitor offers both a monaural speaker and a mini jack output for headphone monitoring of your captured audio. You can also choose to display captured audio levels on screen
- Custom Keys
- Buttons on the side of the monitor allow you to allocate major functions of the EVF to any key you choose, for convenient execution of operation without needing to navigate the menu system
- Screen Flip
- For alternative mounting options, you can choose to flip the image both horizontally and vertically, or just one of the two, resulting in a rotated and/or mirrored image
- Included Accessories
- The EVF Metal includes a mini ball head that attaches to the monitor's 1/4"-20 thread. The head features a shoe mount at the bottom for attaching directly to your camera's accessory shoe. The package also comes with a short HDMI cable, a battery, a charger for the battery, a battery plate, and a bag to carry everything