Thanks to Zoom Telephonics and their 4501 Wireless-N Desktop Router for 4G Modems, you can use your 4G USB Mobile Broadband modem to spread wireless Internet access to more than one Wi-Fi device. Once you connect your USB 4G LTE or 3G Broadband Modem to the router, the router can quickly and easily connects to all your Wi-Fi devices, such as Windows, Macintosh, or Linux computers, iPhones, or other Wi-Fi mobile phones, the iPod iTouch, Blackberries, and game stations including Nintendo DSi, Nintendo DS Lite, and Playstation Portable. In total, the router can connect to Wireless-N, -G, and -B devices. You can also establish a wired connection to one other device through the router's Ethernet LAN port.
Alternatively, if you would prefer to connect your ADSL or cable modem, you can plug either into the router's Ethernet WAN port and spread wireless Internet access that way. If you do take this "route," you can also connect your 4G or 3G USB broadband modem to the router, as a backup if your ADSL or cable modem fails. Whether in the home, office, or wherever you can get AC power, the 4501 Wireless-N Desktop Router for 4G Modems is there to quickly and easily spread wireless Internet access to your Wi-Fi devices.
- Plug in your broadband modem or smartphone. Then your computers, phones, and other Wi-Fi devices all share high-speed Internet
- Works with compatible 3G, 4G, and LTE modems and smartphones
- Also works with any DSL or cable modem that has an Ethernet port
- Permits automatic switching to mobile broadband if a cable or DSL connection fails
- Supports up to 253 Wi-Fi devices within up to 330 yards (300 meters)
- Better than smartphone hotspots in wireless range, security, compatibility, and phone battery drain. The router even charges a tethered smartphone
- Supports Internet security features such as Stateful Packet Inspection (SPI) Firewall, Network Address Translation (NAT), Denial of Service (DoS) attack detection, Virtual Private Networking (PPTP, L2TP, IPSec) pass through, as well as MAC, Packet, and Domain name filtering, and URL Blocking
- Supports advanced features such as Quality of Service (QoS) support, parental controls like URL Blocking/Filtering and Scheduling Rules. It also supports Virtual Server, Port triggering, DMZ host, Dynamic DNS, and Configuration Backup/Restore
- You can also configure this device to operate as a wireless repeater to extend teh range of an existing Wi-Fi network
- Conveniently can be setup using the built-in browser interface or even more conveniently, universal Plug-and-Play
- This router is compatible with almost every mobile broadband USB modem ever built, including modems from AT&T, Novatel, Sprint, Sierra Wireless, T-Mobile, Verizon, Virgin, and many more. The Router also supports phone tethering for the iPhone and certain smartphone models from Blackberry, HTC, Motorola, Nokia, and others