The Intelix DIGI-HD 8x8 Twisted Pair Matrix Switcher is a multi-input/output high-definition audio/video switcher with simple and convenient control options and very intuitive and useful HDMI distribution functionalities.
The DIGI 8x8 features eight HDMI inputs and eight paralleled HDMI and twisted pair outputs. Eight different signals can be displayed on up to sixteen screens. The HDMI connectors are 1.3b compliant, and all inputs/outputs support up to 1080p resolution.
Switching can be controlled via a multi-featured 3.75" touch-screen front panel or remotely by Ethernet, RS232, or IR. The touch-panel enables room-specific signal routing, matrix routing, multi-room preset routing, and system locking. For IR control, the 8x8 has eight IR outputs for the input media devices to connect into. With the devices thus connected, twisted pair cables output out of the 8x8 and into an IR2-R receiver -- one receiver per each set of cables. The receiver in turn connects to a display via HDMI and at the same time connects to an IR eye receiver. And thus IR remote control is established. A wireless remote control comes included with the 8x8. It can be pointed at a display as far away as 300 feet from the 8x8, and the signal to switch will be sent from the display to the 8x8. The IR2-R receiver is sold separately and comes with the IR eye. Twisted pair cables can extend a 1080i signal 300 feet and a 1080p signal 150 feet.
The 8x8 is equipped with Intelix's intuitive HDshāk processing technology, which guarantees HDMI signal distribution by employing Bandwidth Limiting, Dynamic Key Processing, Smart Negotiation, and EDID Storing features.
Bandwidth Limiting allows you to select which HDMI elements you want to transmit over twisted pair cables and which ones you don't want to. Elements such as deep color, for example, can be kept out. If you'd like to keep more of the elements though, you can optionally add the UHR2 and IR2 extenders to the 8x8 as with them deep color, lip sync correction, HD audio and other 1.3b elements can successfully be transmitted. Dynamic Key Processing, by way of independent key negotiation on the inputs and outputs of the 8x8, accepts incoming audio, video and keys from an input device, processes and stores the keys, and then creates a new key with which the signal of the device can be transmitted to numerous outputs even if the device has limited keys. The Smart Negotiation feature automatically determines the highest resolution common among the monitors connected and outputs to all of the monitors in that one resolution. And the 8x8 can thus simultaneously output to monitors of different resolutions and sizes. And EDID Storing stores and consolidates destination EDID at every matrix input and so reduces chance of error and ensures strong handshakes, great video quality, and increased switching speeds. Additionally, HDshāk technology beneficially has pre-stored EDID with the most common display settings.
As for mounting, the 8x8 has both bottom panel mounting feet for shelf-top applications and 19" rack ears for rack installations.
- A/V switcher with touch panel and remote controls.
- 8 HDMI inputs and 8 paralleled HDMI/twisted pair outputs.
- Displays 8 different signals on up to 16 screens in up to 1080p HD.
- Can output to monitors of different sizes and resolutions in one resolution.
- Switching can be controlled via a front touch-panel or by Ethernet, RS232, or IR.
- 8 IR pass-through outputs enable wireless remote control of the 8x8 from 300 feet away.
- Features bottom panel mounting feet for shelf-top applications and 19" ears for rack mounting.
Touch Screen Panel
- Each input and output receives a custom name and icon.
- An input and output Matrix View allows touch-screen signal switching.
- Sets a limited contractor password or an owner password that locks the 8x8 entirely.
- 256 custom presets, each of which can be named, and an extensive icon library are available.
HDshāk Processing Technology
- HDshāk processing guarantees proper HDMI signal distribution.
- Outputs in the highest common resolution among all connected monitors.
- Offers the selection of which HDMI elements to transmit over twisted pair cables.
- Creates a new key to transmit the signal of a device with limited keys to numerous outputs.
- Consolidates EDID at every input and thus boosts switch speeds and ensures great video quality.
Intelix Designer Software
- Intelix software allows for control of the 8x8 from any computer or Java-enabled device or smartphone.