The 8TB Sentinel DX4000 Small Office Storage Server from WD is a reliable, manageable, high-performance solution for storing your data and keeping it available on your network. With a capacity of 8.0 TB, configured as 4 x 2.0 TB, the Sentinel saves your data on Enterprise-class RE (RAID Edition) hard drives and can configure that data in a RAID 1 or 5 configuration (Pre-configured RAID 5). In addition, it also supports hot-swapping when you want to expand drives, and can migrate your data to the appropriate RAID level. The Sentinel features dual Gigabit Ethernet connections.
Whether you're an IT expert or a novice, the plug-and-play WD Sentinel is simple to install and offers secure centralized storage, complete data protection, and remote file access for your employees and trusted vendors from the office or anywhere--without the complexity and cost of a VPN solution. Once it's set up, the Sentinel intelligently manages drive and network status, cutting down on maintenance time and allowing you to focus on your business. Use this storage solution for your PC desktop or laptop or your Mac laptop.
- Plug-and-play Installation
- The simple setup process enables you to integrate WD Sentinel into your office network quickly and easily. The administration dashboard guides you through the process, from adding users and setting up user access to creating public or private shares and scheduling backups
- Easy Maintenance
- Replacing one of the pre-installed drives is simple you - just open the door and switch out the drives. WD Sentinel does the rest, migrating the server to the appropriate RAID level and automatically expanding the server's storage capacity. Your users can continue to access business data while the drive is being integrated.
- Comprehensive Data Protection
·Pre-configured with WD's enterprise-class drives
·Features RAID (Redundant Array of Independent Disks) configurations 1 / 5 for data protection and speed - Pre-configured RAID 5
·Software saves time and space by performing a complete backup the first time and then automatically backing up just the files that have changed since the previous backup. In the case of a drive failure, WD Sentinel's simple restore function locates your files, restores them to their previous location and helps get you up and running again quickly
·Equipped with two Gigabit Ethernet Ports, the server is configured in Adaptive Fault Tolerance, which keeps your network available by automatically switching to the second Ethernet port in the event that the first one fails
·WD Sentinel DX4000 offers the small business owner the option to add a second power supply that will take over in the event that a power surge or other failure damages the first one. With the optional second power supply, you get the peace of mind that comes from knowing your system will stay operational
·Select the disaster recovery solution that works best for your small business -backup to a local USB drive or a backup to a cloud
- Secure Remote Access
- WD Sentinel is for businesses with employees working in satellite or home offices, since you get the security of knowing that all your business files are securely stored in a single place, and that remote employees will be able to access them from any computer with an Internet connection. What's more is that WD Sentinel performs automatic daily backups so that all files on all computers in your network are backed up and protected.
- With its dual Gigabit Ethernet connectivity, WD Sentinel DX4000 provides read speeds up to 85 MBps--that's almost 3x faster than most network drives in the category today. For maximum flexibility, the Sentinel also boasts 2x USB 3.0 ports, enabling you to connect additional storage devices and experience transfer rates up to 5.0 Gb/s!
- Hardware and Software for Reliable, Secure, and Manageable Storage
·Hard Drives: Equipped with WD's enterprise class RAID Edition hard drives: 4 x 2.0 TB, featuring WD GreenPower Technology for low power consumption, cool, quiet operation, and reliable performance
·Intel Atom Processor: Constructed with the latest (as of Dec 2011) Intel Atom dual core processor inside, WD Sentinel DX4000 is capable of easily handling your small business's day-to-day computing and file storage needs
·Windows Storage Server 2008 R2 Essentials: The proven Microsoft Windows Storage Server 2008 R2 Essentials operating system offers the cost effective, reliable, and scalable storage solution that your small business requires in order to speedily and efficiently organize, protect, and share critical business data via the familiar Windows user experience
- LCD Display Panel
- The LCD display panel located on the front of the device enables you to monitor system status and critical alerts.
- Real-time System Status via Dashboard
- View real-time updates for drive, RAID, and network status via WD Sentinel's dashboard, which includes simple task wizards to aid you in setting backup schedules, administering user accounts, and managing public and private shares
- Compatible with Multiple Operating Systems
- Provides connector software support for Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7. Compatible with Mac OS X Leopard and Snow Leopard. Cross-platform compatibility allows file sharing among Windows, Mac, and Unix / Linux operating systems
- Stream Digital Media Anywhere in Your Network
- Thanks to the built-in DLNA server, you can access any shared media libraries on the network, instead of maintaining copies on individual computers. You also have the ability to stream digital content, such as videos, music and digital signage for employees, vendors or clients via remote web access.
- WD Guardian for Small Business Support
- WD provides standard customer support and warranty to all WD Sentinel owners. WD Guardian Services offers extra support and warranty options to small business customers. Select the tech support plan or extended warranty option that works best for your business. Go to www.WDGuardian.com for details