The sage/khaki Discovery: Top Load from Tenba is a minimalist bag designed to carry bare bones gear for a day trip. It's rated to hold a medium-sized DSLR (such as a Canon 5D/7D or Nikon D300/D700) and up to a 5.0" (12.7 cm) lens - that's it. However, it will also handle the various required accessories such as batteries, memory cards, wallet and keys.
It's made from a tough water-repellent nylon that is supported by self-healing zippers and a handy rain cover that can be quickly opened when it rains or snows. A wide, adjustable and removable shoulder strap supports the whole package. It's non-slip and contoured design make the bag even easier to use. There's also a top grab handle for quick retrieval from a closet or back seat of your car. Tenba has even made the bottom panel waterproof in case you have to place the bag on wet ground. For even more comfort, the back panel has been provided with a generous supply of air mesh for breathability and comfort.
A real plus to this bag is the way it opens - away from your body. This gives you easier and faster access to your gear when that special shot appears. This style of opening also provides a measure of security since no one standing around will be able to see inside the bag. The side zippered pockets are slanted downwards for both facility of use and to help wick away moisture . All the bag's zippers have handy pull tabs for easier use with gloves.
The front of the bag is secured with a strong buckle and zipper. This allows you to leave the zippers open and just use the buckle to quickly grab your gear, or zip the bag and leave the buckle open. Inside, the dividers are all padded and configurable. Store your camera with the mounted lens pointing downwards.
The Discovery: Top Load is backed by Tenba's respectable 5-year warranty. It's a small, lightweight bag designed for the shooter who doesn't want to be saddled with an excess of equipment. If less is truly more, then this is a bag to be seriously considered.
- Water-repellent nylon exterior
- Extraordinarily lightweight construction (weighs only 16 oz)
- Front accessory compartment
- Padded side cargo pockets with cutaway openings for easy access
- Waterproof bottom panel keeps the bag protected if you have to put it down on a wet surface
- Main flap opens away from you for unobstructed, "shoot from the hip" access
- Overlapping top zipper closure protects against the elements
- No-twist strap with contoured, non-slip shoulder pad
- WeatherWrap auxiliary rain cover included
- Generously-padded air mesh back panel cushions the bag on your hip
- Carry-On Form Factor
- FAA and airline carry-on specifications are subject to change without notice, please check with your airline before designating this case as a carry-on item. Most airlines require carry-on items to have an external linear measurement that is equal to or less than 45.0" (114.3 cm). The external dimensions of this case add up to 24.75" (62.9 cm)