Artist Control from Avid is a EUCON enabled touch-screen control surface that delivers the feel and deep software integration of a professional console, but in a cost effective and compact package. The controller displays not only top-level information such as track names/numbers, metering (from mono to 5.1 surround data), fader/pan values and automation modes, but also allows for quickly accessing plug-in and EQ parameters, triggering macro commands, performing surround panning, and more.
The EUCON protocol carries high-resolution control information for faders, knobs, displays, and more between the control surface and whatever application is in focus on the computer. This enables the user to quickly switch between multiple applications (and even workstations) at the touch of a button, with all controls and displays automatically matching the selected application.
The data entry wheel and transport controls provide easy navigation. For custom control, the user is able to assign functions to the data wheel, such as horizontal or vertical zoom, jog, shuttle, and more. Soft Keys can assign additional custom data wheel and transport functions for even greater flexibility in editing and navigating a project.
Easily select tracks for editing using four motorized, touch-sensitive, 100mm long throw faders. Bank tracks (eight at a time) or nudge tracks (one at a time) using dedicated keys that assist in navigation through a project. Individual tracks can be locked to faders and stored as Layouts, which are saved with the project for easy recall (up to 48 per project), making mixing large projects a breeze. Save multiple Layouts to mix drums, keyboards, guitars, and so on, or just lock a fader to act as a master fader.
Because the Artist Series controllers are modular, they can be combined in a variety of configurations to form larger control surfaces. Simply clip the units together to form a seamless surface, or use them separately. Alternatively the unit can control other software applications that conform to the HUI and Mackie Control protocols.
- View and access top-level information, track record arm/solo/mute/select commands, soft keys, surround panning, and more using the customizable LED-backlit touch-screen
- Trigger keyboard shortcuts, macro commands, and more through unlimited programmable touch-screen soft keys and 12 physical soft keys
- Highly responsive control through high-speed Ethernet connectivity
- 4 touch-sensitive 100mm long throw motorized faders
- 8 touch-sensitive rotary encoders
- Record/automation keys
- Data wheel and transport controls with modifier keys to assign wheel function
- Select/assign and shift keys
- Dedicated monitor/control room level and talkback microphone controls
- Track navigation
- Footswitch jack to punch in and out of recording
- Supports EUCON, HUI, and Mackie Control protocols
- Controls multiple applications and workstations
- Ethernet port
- Slim, compact design for easy studio integration and portability