The LX80 Multi-Mount Tripod With Audiostar from Meade features operation in three modes: either as a German Equatorial Mount (GEM), as a single OTA Alt-Azimuth or as a dual OTA Alt-Azimuth. Setting up in any of the three modes is quick and easy. Tapered roller bearings in each axis ensure precision performance. The mount can carry a total payload of up to 40 pounds in the GEM mode or the single OTA Alt-Azimuth mode and a hefty 75 pounds in the dual OTA configuration. The mount weight itself is 35 pounds. The height adjustable tripod, from 30.5" to 47", features built in leg levelers at the top of each leg and wide 2" diameter stainless steel legs for confident stability. The tripod weighs 31.5 pounds. The latitude range in the polar mode is 25 to 90 degrees.
The LX80 mount is a computerized GoTo with the Meade AudioStar handbox controller accessing over 30,000 celestial objects in its database and Astronomer Inside digital audio technology with audio files on over 500 objects. The mount boasts a 10 arc minute pointing accuracy elevated to 5 arc minutes with the High Precision mode enabled. The Meade SmartDrive periodic error correction which can only be activated in Polar mode greatly reduces errors providing a new level of astrophotography precision. The complete mount is powered by 8 user supplied "AA" batteries or an optional 12V DC power supply.
- Includes two RS-232 serial interface ports
- AudioStar controller with 30,000 celestial objects
- Astronomer Inside digital audio technology with audio files on over 500 objects
- Polar mode only SmartDrive periodic error correction dramatically reduces errors providing precision performance
- Multi-mount features three possible mount configurations; German Equatorial, single Alt-Azimuth or dual Alt-Azimuth
- Height adjustable tripod from 30.5" to 47" features built in leg levelers at the top of each leg and 2" diameter stainless steel legs for rock-steady stability and durability