The 60mm Coronado SolarMax II Telescope with LX80 Mount from Meade combines the incredible SolarMax II 60 Telescope from Coronado with the all encompassing LX80 Multi-Mount and Tripod With Audiostar from Meade. This is an eye opening package of two separately available items.
The SolarMax II 60 Telescope features the RichView tuning method which allows direct adjustment of the primary etalon filter. With RichView, the scope can be tuned for more precise wavelengths of the hydrogen-alpha (Ha) band. This allows for higher contrast views of active regions, flares, filaments and other surface features. It can be quickly re-tuned for prominences on the solar limb. The SolarMax II 60 features a <0.7 Å solar-viewing system that provides detailed views of plage, flares, filaments, prominences, and granulation. The heart of the SolarMax II 60's viewing system is the SolarMax 60 filter and it's matching T-Max 60 Doppler Tuning Unit. The included BF-10 blocking filter is a 1.25" right-angle diagonal that produces a 9.0mm image. SolarMax telescopes produce outstanding views of the Sun's active surface with 100% safety. None of the parts in this kit are stand-alone units - each component is equally crucial to the user's safety and the system's performance.
The LX80 Multi-Mount Tripod with Audiostar from Meade features operation in three modes: either as a German Equatorial Mount (GEM), as a single OTA Alt-Azimuth or as a dual OTA Alt-Azimuth. The mount can carry a total payload of up to 40 pounds in the GEM mode or the single OTA Alt-Azimuth mode and a hefty 75 pounds in the dual OTA configuration. The height adjustable tripod, from 30.5" to 47", features built in leg levelers at the top of each leg and wide 2" diameter stainless steel legs for confident stability. The LX80 mount is a computerized GoTo with the Meade AudioStar handbox controller accessing over 30,000 celestial objects in its database and Astronomer Inside digital audio technology with audio files on over 500 objects.
- SolarMax II 60 Telescope
- RichView tuning method allows for higher contrast views of active regions, flares, filaments and other surface features
- The BF-10 is a 1.25" right angle diagonal that must be used with a SolarMax filter. It produces a 9.0 mm image. It is thermally-stable to ensure there's no drifting off the H-Alpha line during use. Its 10 mm aperture matches the scope's focal length for full disk viewing
- This 400 mm f/6.6 solar viewing refractor offers enhanced resolution with a notable increase in weight over the SolarMax 40
- High-quality 25 mm ocular for telescopes that accept 1.25" eyepieces. This Plossl eyepiece features sharp optics, a compact form-factor, long eye relief, and a standard apparent field of view
- LX80 Multi-Mount Tripod With Audiostar
- Multi-mount includes two RS-232 serial interface ports
- AudioStar controller with 30,000 celestial objects
- Astronomer Inside digital audio technology with audio files on over 500 objects
- Multi-mount features three possible mount configurations; German Equatorial, single Alt-Azimuth or dual Alt-Azimuth
- Height adjustable tripod from 30.5" to 47 for rock-steady stability and durability
- More information on the telescope and the mount can be seen by following the links in "What's in the Box"