The black Traveler Backpack from iKan contains numerous features that make it a serious contender for a moderately priced backpack for pro or amateur use. Rated to hold its weight in gear, this pack can get you through a day in the field or a weekend assignment. It will accommodate your DSLR, various lenses, LCD monitor, LED lighting, audio kit, power solution, small tripod, grip gear, laptop editing station or an ikan Elements kits (i.e. shoulder mount, stabilizer, focus control). There's even a separate rear pocket that will hold your 15.0" (38.1 cm) laptop.
At a mere 3.6 lb (1.6 kg), this pack made from rugged nylon, just might be the perfect solution to store or transport your gear. It's outfitted with numerous pockets, both zippered and touch fastened, that accommodate the various accessories you'll need to shoot the gig.
Inside, there are padded, touch fastened, removable dividers that permit you to configure the pack to suit your gear needs. Main access is achieved through the zippered top flap. However, you'll also have a side stacked side pocket for smaller gear such as a light meter or cell phone. The fold out front zippered accessory pocket is designed for quick access items like memory cards and batteries.
For the nature photographer, there is a handy tripod holder where you can place the feet. And while on the trail, the comfortable shoulder straps are wide, adjustable, contoured and contain a zipper pocket for small items like a candy bar, phone or GPS unit. All that is complimented by an adjustable waist belt. For quick grab situations, the top carry handle will serve you well.
iKan has even taken the weather into consideration with the included rain cover that can be rapidly deployed when the elements turn against you. The important factor is that no matter which way you look at the pack, gear - both large and small - is accessible from just about any side.
The Traveler has something for everyone. Whether you are into stills or video, it will make your job easier with its combination of cost, accessibility and design.
- Side zipper mesh pockets for flash media and grip gear
- Two stacked side pockets for coaxial, BNC or peripheral cable storage
- Front fold out zipper access with touch fastened and mesh storage pockets for easy content access
- Removable touch fastened dividers for customizable equipment storage
- Top zipper flap access
- Stacked front zipper pocket for cables or additional grip gear
- Touch fastened enclosed tripod stabilizer
- Back straps with shoulder zipper pockets
- Adjustable waist strap for added stability
- Back loaded pocket for 15" laptop or Apple iPad storage