Visual Stories: Behind the Lens with Vincent Laforet is an enlightening text in which the famed photographer delves into how the principles of photojournalism can be applied to a single image. With over 100 of the author's own images - including full-color spreads - Laforet teaches you how to use light, shape, color, and more to your advantage to make rich, engaging photos that tell a story. The book is also accompanied by a DVD which features the author and his work.
- Learn how the principles of photojournalism can be applied to telling stories with a single image
- Use light, shape, and color to create rich photos that tell the story as well as add sensitivity to beauty and emotion
- Learn how the relationship between foreground and background can be used to creatively produce images with strong impact, and choose lenses based on this discovery
- Understand the value of an image and convey a more in-depth story of the subject in any genre of photography, including landscapes, close-ups, portraits, action shots, aerials, and more
- Receive an up-close and personal view of the author and his work by watching over 60 videos on the accompanying DVD
- About the Author
- Vincent Laforet, a three-time winner at the prestigious 2010 Cannes Lions International Advertising Festival, is a director and Pulitzer Prize winning photographer who is known for his forward-thinking approach to image-making and story-telling. He has been commissioned by just about every important international publication - including Vanity Fair, The New York Times Magazine, National Geographic, Sports Illustrated, Time, Newsweek, and Life. Vincent is considered a pioneer for his innovative tilt-shift and aerial photography as well as in the field of HD-capable DSLR cameras