The 6TB My Book Live Duo from WD is a versatile home or small office storage device that can act as your personal cloud storage, network attached storage, as well as a multimedia server. Designed to give you the power and capacity needed for saving and streaming large amounts of data and media files, this My Book Live Duo runs on an 800MHz CPU and features dual hard drives. With these hard drives, you can store up to 6TB of data and you can also save that data in a RAID 1 configuration if you want added data protection.
With a built-in Gigabit Ethernet port, you can connect the My Book Live Duo to your network router and wirelessly access data saved on it via any computer in your house. You can also configure the My Book Live Duo to automatically back up content from all the computers connected on your network. In addition, you can remotely access content on the My Book Live Duo over the Internet with your computer or do so via your smartphone or tablet, using WD's mobile apps.
In terms of multimedia, the My Book Live Duo can stream content to DLNA-certified multimedia devices, such as a WD TV Live network media player, Blu-ray Disc player, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, or a connected HDTV. It can also function as an iTunes server so that you can centralize your music and stream it to any Mac or PC with iTunes. A built-in USB 2.0 port allows you to connect a USB external drive if you want added storage or need to access files already on the drive. Compatible with Mac and Windows computers, the My Book Live Duo is a superb way to store and stream data or multimedia content to your computer, smartphone, tablet, or DLNA-certified device.
- Your Media and Files on Your Own Personal Cloud
- Create your own personal cloud, without the monthly fees and mysterious location of your data. Store your media and files on the drive and access them securely over the Internet. Or, use WD's mobile apps for easy access with your tablet or smartphone. It's like having up to 3TB of extra storage for your mobile device.
- Double-safe Backup with RAID 1 Technology
- Set this system to data protection mode (also known as mirrored mode or RAID 1) and the capacity is divided in half. Half of the capacity is used to store your data and half is used for a second copy. In the unlikely event that one drive fails, your data is protected because it's duplicated on the other drive.
- Maximum Storage Capacity with Drive Spanning
- Out of the box, this two-drive system comes preformatted RAID 0 combining both drives into one big volume so they act like one drive for maximum capacity.
- Complete Out-of-the-box Solution
- WD's My Book Live Duo comes complete with two desktop hard drives offering high-capacity, low power consumption, and cool, quiet operation. The drives are factory tested within the enclosure for optimized performance.
- Shared Storage for All Your Computers
- This storage drive is a great way to centralize and share data on your wired or wireless network. Connect the My Book Live Duo to your wireless router to share and access files with any PC or Mac computer on your network.
- This dual drive array is built with an 800MHz CPU so as to power all its applications such as streaming to remote access at speeds faster than traditional USB 2.0 drives.
- Stream to Your HDTV
- Watch your daughter's birthday party video or show off your vacation slideshow on your TV. The built-in media server streams music, photos and movies to any DLNA-certified multimedia device such as a WD TV Live network media player, Blu-ray Disc player, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and connected TV. DLNA 1.5 and UPnP certified.
- Automatic, Wireless Backup for All Your Computers
- Protect your precious memories and wirelessly back up all the PC and Mac computers on your network to one reliable location. Windows users can use the included WD SmartWare software and every time you save something, it's instantly backed up. Mac users can utilize all the features of Apple Time Machine backup software to protect their data.
- Serve Up Your Music with iTunes
- The drive includes iTunes server support so you can centralize your music and stream it to any Mac or PC with iTunes.
- Easy to Set Up, Easy to Find on Your Network
- Set up is a snap. In just a few minutes, you're up and running. Mac, Windows 7, and Windows Vista computers will automatically find your My Book Live drive in seconds. If you're running Windows XP, WD's simple discovery software makes it easy to set up the drive.
- User Serviceable
- If you want to change out the drives, simply open the case and replace the existing drive - no screwdriver needed.
- Add an Extra Layer of Protection for Your Files
- You can automatically make a second copy, or safepoint, of your My Book Live Duo on another My Book Live Duo or NAS drive on your home network. Now you've got extra safe protection for all your media and ultimate peace of mind.
- USB Expansion Port
- Turn any USB 2.0 drive into an instant network drive for extra capacity on your My Book Live Duo. Just connect the drive to the USB port and it will automatically be shared on your network.