The Aspire S Series Ultrabook S3-951-6828 13.3" Notebook Computer from Acer finds the perfect balance of performance and portability. It has a 0.68" slim design and a weight of just over 3 pounds for ultimate mobility. While it may be ultraportable, it can still deliver when it comes to processor power. Take powerful dual-core Intel Core i5 performance with you while on the go.
The 13.3" HD CineCrystal display on this Acer Ultrabook has a 1366 x 768 native resolution and a 16:9 widescreen aspect ratio. The screen is also backlit with LED lamps, which brighten faster, use less power and are more energy efficient than their CCFL counterparts. The integrated Intel HD 3000 graphics can dedicate 128MB of the system memory for graphical use, such as Microsoft DirectX 10.1 support.
This system is powered by a dual-core 1.6GHz Intel Core i5-2467M processor. It also has 4GB of DDR3 RAM, a 240GB solid state drive, a 2-in-1 digital media card reader, integrated Acer 3DSonic stereo speakers, 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0+HS and a built-in 1.3 megapixel HD webcam with a microphone. Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit) is the installed operating system.
- Dual-Core Intel Core i5 Performance
- Just because this Acer Ultrabook is small and compact doesn't mean it lacks a punch. It houses a 1.6GHz Intel Core i5-2467M processor for optimal multitasking. With Turbo Boost technology it can be overclocked up to 2.3GHz so you can keep up with your CPU-intensive applications without lagging behind
- Portable Home Theater
- Experience your movies, music and photos in high-definition image quality, brilliant colors and stunning life-like visuals with integrated Intel HD 3000 graphics. It also dedicates 128MB of the Acer Ultrabook's system memory for more graphics-intensive applications, such as 3D gaming. A high-definition movie would not be complete with vibrant high quality audio powered by Dolby Home Theater v4. Enjoy powerful beats and smooth melodies over the integrated Acer 3DSonic stereo speakers, headphones or home theater system
- A Display of Excellence
- This Acer Ultrabook has a 13.3" HD CineCrystal display. It has LED backlighting for faster brightening and lower power consumption. If the 1366 x 768 native resolution isn't cutting it for you while at home, its 16:9 widescreen aspect ratio and the built-in HDMI port make it easy to connect to a larger external display, such as a HD monitor or a HDTV (HDMI cable sold separately)
- Elegant Mobility
- This Acer Ultrabook elevates portability to the next level. Measuring only 0.69" thin and weighing in at just over 3 pounds, this Acer Ultrabook can be placed in a backpack or tote bag without adding any bulk. Take it to the office or your favorite coffee shop without breaking a sweat. The pure, uncluttered design not only looks good, but enhances your everyday computing experience
- Comfortably Cool
- This Acer Ultrabook features an innovative thermal design that keeps it cool to the touch, even if you're using the notebook for hours at a time. The new airflow design channels air from the keyboard to the rear of the notebook. This keeps the Acer Ultrabook constantly cool and doesn't make you feel like you're typing over a fire
- Instant Startup
- Acer Instant On resumes your computing session in less than 2 seconds and from deep sleep in 6 seconds, thanks to the 240GB solid state drive. Solid state drives save data to non-volatile memory microchips and don't have moving parts like the spinning disks or the movable read/write heads of older hard disk drives. The solid state drive allows you to turn your Acer Ultrabook instantly to access your websites, emails or documents just the way you left them so you can save time and increase productivity
- Constant Connectivity
- Stay connected with 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi. The integrated 1.3 megapixel HD webcam allows you to video chat with 24 frames per second (fps) while the built-in microphone captures your voice with clear precision. This Acer Ultrabook also has Bluetooth 4.0+HS technology so you can connect all your peripherals with ease. Acer Green Instant Connect reconnects you to the Internet 4 times faster than comparable notebooks normally would. This Acer Ultrabook remembers previous Wi-Fi spots you've used so that when they're in range, it automatically connects you without the hassle of having to reenter WEP passwords
- Going Green
- Low power consumption and better energy efficiency is achieved with Acer Hybrid Standby Technology. It allows this Acer Ultrabook to be in standby power mode for up to 50 days and survive 7 hours of continuous, intense usage. You can work confidently knowing that this Acer Ultrabook can work longer while unplugged, but is also eco-friendly