MAGNETIC from Nomad Factory is a "reel-to-reel audio tape warmer" plug-in that can impart the sound of tape saturation at various speeds on individual tracks or full mixes. It also features a tube saturation effect as well as a vintage style EQ and a level mastering section. It's just like having a 30+ year old reel-to-reel tape machine without all the maintenance costs.
The modern, simple, and extremely user-friendly interface makes the plug-in easy to use and provides the ability to instantly dial in usable sounds. It can add subtle warmth and tape color to drums, or create a filtered cassette AM-radio effect on a vocal. And when used on the master bus, it can boost the program material up to broadcast levels.
- Reel Speed
- Controls the speed of the virtual tape machine - higher speeds provide more studio-quality fidelity while lower speeds sound more like a cassette tape. The DASH setting delivers the high-fidelity of digital audio tape used in the 80's and 90's
- Delivers different levels of tube and/or tape saturation effects, recreating the warmth and character of tube based circuitry and analog tape saturation
- Tape Color
- Provides the sound of natural, vintage and modern tape compression
- Controls the amount of low-frequency equalization with the frequency range boost/cut selectable using the body, warm and lush settings
- Controls the amount of high-frequency equalization with the frequency range boost/cut selectable using the detail, focus and brilliance settings
- Switches the built-in Mastering Limiter section on or off - incorporates multiple stages of limiting and a look-ahead brickwall limiting to deliver first-class peak reduction
- Sets the absolute brickwall output level
- VU Meter
- Displays the amount of limiting taken place when the boost circuit is engaged
- Bypasses the entire plug-in