The MixSwitch by APB-DynaSonics is a versatile, multi-channel audio switching and combining system that occupies only 1U of rack space. Typical applications include, selecting between primary and backup consoles or between headliner and opening act consoles. When in SUM mode, MixSwitch allows for the simultaneous use of both consoles. In club applications, selection between FOH and a DJ mixer is easily performed. Each MixSwitch unit can control up to 4 sets of line-level audio signals. Slave units can be added to jointly control additional sets of signals.
MixSwitch units feature an Announce microphone input and a stereo program input for music playback, each with EQ, limiting and assignment to any of the 4 outputs. An additional stereo XLR line input allows connection and switching of a third console or facility input. These inputs are independent of the primary or secondary console selection. One bonus provided by these additional inputs is the ability to do an early teardown of the FOH console at the end of a performance; the announce mic and exit music can be routed through the MixSwitch instead of the console, reducing load-out time.
Full monitoring is provided for all input and output signals by the extensive use of metering and a headphone listening system. Auto-bypass of primary inputs to outputs in case of power failure is standard, as well as connectors for remote switching and tally functions. Special care has been taken to reduce RF interference and eliminate any Pin-1 related problems.
- APB DynaSonics MixSwitch Features
- Easily switch between a primary console and a backup console
- Operate two consoles simultaneously in SUM mode
- Announce microphone input with independent EQ and limiter
- Stereo program input with independent EQ and limiter
- Additional stereo XLR line input
- Input and output monitoring via LED meters and audio listen system
- THAT Corporation InGenius devices used on XLR line inputs
- OutSmarts drivers on all main XLR outputs
- Expander units may be linked
- Auto-Bypass of primary input to output in case of power failure
- Connectors for remote switching and tally