The Indie ADpak from XLN Audio is an expansion pack for the company's Addictive Drums and is the perfect choice for any production that needs real sounding analog drums. The samples in the expansion pack are all about the character of analog processing, delivering detailed grittiness and the perfect ambience.
In audio, the warmth and punch of analog tape are highly sought after characteristics and it is generally perceived that drums recorded to tape sound better. For this production the best components were chosen, from the choice of drumsticks, all the way to the choice of tape. The drums were tuned to get the most out of the room.
The snare is a Premier Keith Moon signature "The Spirit of Lily", part of the rare eight-piece signature kit. Cymbals chosen were a Paiste 2002 and a Signature series. However the hi-hat used was a vintage Zildjian K 15" that delivered the right amount of crispness. Also included are samples of a Ludwig Vistalite (Blue) 22 x 16" bass drum, a slightly shorter and deeper character drum.
A useful feature added to the ADpak's "Xtra" slot is a tambourine recorded with a right sweep, left sweep, and standard hit stroke in multiple layers and round robins, which makes it possible to play or program very realistic tambourine patterns.
- Samples of a blue sparkle ICE Custom Shop drum kit, a handmade modern vintage rock kit with new "old school" made shells and original vintage Slingerland hardware
- Premier Keith Moon signature "The Spirit of Lily" snare
- The "Xtra" slot features a tambourine recorded with a right sweep, left sweep and standard hit stroke in multiple layers and round robins, making it possible to play or program very realistic tambourine patterns
- 40+ high-class presets in many different styles
- Two MIDI-songs divided into different parts plus five tambourine grooves
- Drum kit recorded using vintage microphones with a pair of hand-built Thuresson CM402's for the room microphones
- Kick - Ice Custom Shop 26 x 14"
- Snare- Premier Keith Moon Signature 14 x 5.5"
- Rack Toms - Ice Custom Shop 13 x 10" (high and low)
- Floor Toms - Ice Custom Shop 16 x 16" and 18 x 16"
- Cymbals - Paiste 2002 and Signature
- Hi-Hat - Zildjian K 15"
- Xtra - Rhythm Tech Tambourine, left-right-hit
- The Recording
- Rare vintage microphones
- Neve 8048 console
- Studer A80 tape machine
- Oak panel room with short and rich decay
- The legendary Studio A SGS sound