The Solid State Logic SDI-MADI Stand Alone 3G SDI Audio De-Embedder is a useful tool for linking audio equipment with SDI-based setups found in many broadcast facilities. It functions as an interface that exists between SDI video bitstreams and digital audio. Each of the unit's four SDI inputs supports 16 audio channels, which yields a total of 64 available audio channels in both MADI and AES formats. SDI inputs feature loop-through connectivity for down-chain equipment as well. Plus, SDI inputs can auto-sense between 3G, HD and SD standards.
For synchronizing, the SDI-MADI supports several options including Wordclock, Black & Burst, AES and SDI 1 - 4. The device also supports switchable sample rate converters. The SDI-MADI features Full Dolby E/Dolby transparency for the loop-through process. And, for added convenience, the device is equipped with front panel LED status indicators for PSU, SYNC, SRC and SDI Lock. With multiple syncing options and switchable converters, the SDI-MADI is a must for broadcast studios where SDI-embedded audio channels require format conversion. Plus, it even supports an optional 19" AES Signal Breakout panel and is rack mountable in a 19" 1U rack space.
- Four SDI inputs on 75 ohms BNC connection. 16 audio channels per input extracted from all four audio groups
- Auto-detection of SD/HD/3G input format
- Active loop-through of each input to 75 ohms BNC output connection
- Full Dolby E / Dolby Digital transparency for loop through
- 32 x unbalanced AES3 digital audio outputs via 37 pin D-Sub
- Dual 64-channel MADI digital audio output via ST Multimode Optical and Coax
- Front Panel LED status indication for PSU, SYNC, SRC and SDI Lock
- Comprehensive sync options (Wordclock, AES, Black & Burst, SDI 1 - 4)
- Wordclock and AES sync outputs
- On-board sample rate converters (SRCs) enabled locally or remotely via GPI
- Dual power supplies with separate IEC mains connectors
- Optional 19" AES Signal Breakout panel providing AES-3id outputs on 32 x BNC connectors (75 ohms)