The Vintage Open Deck from Steinberg is a plug-in that recreates the characteristics of analog circuitry and tape, and is based on the legendary tape recorders from Studer and Ampex. The four-in-one tape machine emulation provides a choice of the following sound characteristics - Swiss '70, Swiss '78, Swiss '85 and American '70.
Using Virtual Circuitry Modeling (VCM) technology, the plug-in not only reproduces the original vintage tape recorder sound, but is also configurable with characteristics that can be individually applied to the record and playback decks. Parameters such as tape speed, bias and EQ settings, and distortion and saturation characteristics can be adjusted, as can the choice of tape type - new or old.
Note! Requires a USB-eLicenser if one is not already on the system.
- Recording Deck
- Input level is adjustable using the record parameter, allowing for setting the exact level of tape compression
- Bias/Rec knob allows for controlling the distortion level
- By using Auto Makeup gain, the audio level of the reproduction deck reflects changes on the recording deck while maintaining the relative output level
- Adjust the high frequencies using the Adjust High knob
- Reproduction Deck
- Offers three parameters enabling the adjustment of the high- and low-frequencies, as well as the output level
- Vintage VU Metering
- Large VU metering section, consisting of two vintage-style VU meters and two LED displays
- Shows either the input signal from the recording deck or the output signal from the reproduction deck
- Level metering can be configured within a range of 0.0 through 20 dB