The Yamaha Vintage Channel Strip by Steinberg consists of three plug-ins, the EQ 601, the Compressor 260 and the Compressor 276, that reproduce the sound characteristics of several classic hardware EQ and compressor devices from the 1970s. Faithfully capturing the analog circuitries of these hardware masterpieces, these plug-ins are also fine-tuned by leading engineers and provide an interface that combines simplicity in operation with amazing sounding results.
The EQ 601 plug-in combines the sound of a classic equalizer from the 1970s with a wide range of practical functions. The plug-in offers six fully parametrical bands, allowing you to manipulate the frequency with high precision. The lower and the upper band include shelving filters, whereas the four MID bands come with peaking filters, exactly reproducing the both the boost and cut frequency response of vintage analog gear. The Drive mode allows the engineer to bring back the original analog distortion characteristics of the good old days to a modern DAW system.
The Compressor 276 is a stereo compressor that has brought numerous professional productions to sonic perfection. Delivering classic-style compression based on the punch and fatness of the finest studio-grade hardware gear, the Compressor 276 is a well suited choice for both acoustic instruments and vocals alike. The Virtual Circuitry Modeling (VCM) technology enables you to experience the unique response and frequency characteristics of an analog hardware masterpiece from the 1970s.
All plug-ins are available in VST 3, VST 2.4 and AU format for multi-instance use within DAW hosts like Cubase or Nuendo.
- Based on the legendary sound of a 1970s hardware equalizer
- Six bands including two shelf-filters and four bands with filter-width regulation
- Exact image of the famous equalizer circuitries from the 1970s
- Classic-style compression with analog-like punch and fatness
- Based on the circuitry of the 1970s analog compressors
- Internal High-Pass Filter Sidechain and extensive VU metering section
- Brings back the sound of late 1970s compressors
- Ideal for studio production and live sound reinforcement
- Three types of compression allowing to experience different sound characteristics