The Grace Design m102 Single-Channel Optical Compressor is a half-rack unit intended for professional, project and home studios. The m102's optical attenuator circuit is designed to deliver natural and musical control over dynamics, allowing for subtle or heavy compression without affecting the integrity of the source signal.
The m102's front panel features straightforward controls that include threshold, attack, release and ratio, as well as input and output level dials. It also has an LED level meter with peak indicator and a three-position power/out/in switch. Finally, another three-position switch allows you to toggle between normal compressor mode, sidechain mode for using an external signal to trigger the compressor, and stereo link mode for linking compressor controls with another m102 for stereo use.
On the rear panel there are balanced XLR and 1/4" TRS phone inputs and outputs along with a sidechain/stereo link input for either accepting a sidechain signal or connecting with another m102. The m102's compact, laser-etched construction features a quiet internal power supply and rugged chassis.
- Bright 10-segment LED gain reduction meters
- Bi-color output peak LED lights green with signal present and red 8dB before clipping
- Dual balanced inputs and outputs on XLR and 1/4" TRS
- Precision audio path with 0.5% precision metal film resistors
- Laser-etched black anodized front panel
- Built-in universal power supply
- Five-year transferable warranty on parts and labor
- Made in the USA