From gentle dynamic smoothing to full tilt squash, the M502 500 Series Opto Compressor from Grace Design delivers open, musical dynamic control that is a suitable companion to high-fidelity mic preamplifiers or any recording chain. All your tracks can have glorious, easy-to-use compression which regardless of how much you squeeze, will always end up with their sonic essence intact. This unit is built in a 500 series rack module.
The heart of the compressor circuit is an optical attenuator. With careful attention to control circuit design, the Opto Compressor not only provides a wide range of dynamic control, but also remains neutral, open, and musical.
This fully featured unit includes input and output level, threshold, attack, release, and ratio controls. The M502 Opto Compressor includes connectivity for sidechain input, stereo linking, and even the Radial Workhorse Bussfeed.
- Elegantly simple, purist feedback design optical compressor, optimized for signal leveling with a minimum of sonic artifacts
- From subtle dynamic control to heavy compression, the sonic character of the source remains intact
- Comprehensive control set includes input level, threshold, attack, release, ratio, and makeup gain
- Bright, easy-to-read 10-segment LED gain reduction meter
- Bi-color output peak LED lights green with signal present and red 8dB before clipping
- Circuit board header / connector for stereo linking
- Connections for sidechain, stereo linking, and Radial Workhorse Bussfeed
- Precision audio path with 0.5% precision metal film resistors
- Bombproof, laser-etched black anodized front panel
- Made in USA