The D-Link AirPremier N PoE Access Point with Plenum-rated Chassis lets you create or expand the capacity of your wireless network. This Access Point helps wireless networks in high traffic areas such as airports, coffee shops, shopping centers, sporting venues and campus deployments.
The AirPremier N PoE Access Point has transfer rates of up to 300 Mbps in the 2.4 GHz frequency range. It is compatible with both legacy 802.11b/g adapters and the latest 802.11n adapters. The PoE Access Point gives you instant communication and faster downloads.
- Versatile Access Point
- The DAP-2360 allows network administrators to deploy a highly manageable and extremely robust 802.11n wireless network. The included antennas are detachable and provide optimal wireless coverage in the 2.4 GHz (802.11g and 802.11n) band using a high power single radio design to reduce dead spots and increase capacity. Enclosed in a white plenum-rated metal chassis, the DAP-2360 color allows the access point to easily blend into ceilings or walls and adheres to strict fire codes for placement in air passageways. For advanced installations, this high-speed Access Point has integrated 802.3af Power over Ethernet support, allowing installation of this device in areas where power outlets are not readily available.
- Enhanced Performance
- The DAP-2360 delivers reliable wireless performance with maximum wireless signal rates of up to 300 Mbps in the 2.4 GHz wireless band. This, coupled with support for Wi-Fi Multimedia Quality of Service features, makes it an ideal access point for audio, video, and voice applications. Additionally, the DAP-2360 supports load balancing features to ensure maximum performance by limiting the maximum number of users per Access Point.
- To help maintain a secure wireless network, the DAP-2360 provides the latest in wireless security technologies by supporting both personal and enterprise versions of WPA and WPA2 (802.11i) with support for RADIUS server backend. To further protect your wireless network, MAC address filtering, wireless LAN segmentation, disable SSID broadcast, rogue AP detection and wireless broadcast scheduling are also included. The DAP-2360 includes support for up to 8 VLANs for implementing multiple SSIDs to further help segment users on the network. It also includes a wireless client isolation mechanism, which limits direct client-to-client communication.
- Multiple Operation Modes
- To maximize total return on investment, the DAP-2360 can be configured to optimize network performance based on any one of its multiple operation modes: Access Point, Wireless Distribution System (WDS) with Access Point, WDS/Bridge (No AP Broadcasting) and Wireless Client. With WDS support, network administrators can set up multiple DAP-2360s throughout a facility and configure them to bridge with one another while also providing network access to individual clients. Also included are advanced features such as Load balancing, which optimizes high network traffic volume, and redundancy for fail-safe wireless connectivity. Additionally, the DAP-2360 offers Spanning Tree Protocol support for greater efficiency and to avoid broadcast storms when used in WDS mode.
- Network Management
- Network administrators have multiple options for managing the DAP-2360 including web, Secure Sockets Layer which provides for a secure connection to the Internet, Secure Shell which provides for a secure channel between local and remote computers and Telnet which is bi-directional, eight-bit byte oriented communications facility. For advanced network management, administrators can use the D-Link AP Manager II or D-View management module to configure and manage multiple access points from a single location. In addition to a streamlined management process, the AP Manager II or D-View software provides network administrators with the means of verifying and conducting regular maintenance checks remotely, eliminating the need to send personnel out to physically verify proper operation. With 2.4 GHz band functionality, PoE support, a plenum-rated chassis, extensive manageability, versatile operation modes and solid security enhancements, the DAP-2360 provides SMB environments with a business-class solution for deploying a wireless network in the workplace.