With a DHP-500AV PowerLine AV 500 Adapter from D-Link you can extend your existing PowerLine network anywhere in your home and deliver blazing fast connectivity to places impossible to reach with a wireless signal. The PowerLine AV 500 Adapter (DHP-500AV) turns any electrical outlet into a home network connection to provide fast, reliable speeds of up to 500Mbps to any room in your house.
Blazing speeds and a gigabit port provide smooth HD video streaming, along with the added benefit of having connectivity from any room in the house. In addition, the built-in Quality of Service (QoS) engine automatically prioritizes your Internet traffic, ensuring that your HD movies and online gaming do not experience glitches while Web surfing and downloads are in progress. This device provides plenty of network bandwidth, enabling you to tap into existing electrical wiring for high-quality multimedia streaming.
The DHP-500AV uses the existing wiring of a building's electrical system to transmit data between any network-ready device and your Internet source device. There are no cables to run, holes to drill, or wireless signals to configure with PowerLine.
- Connect to Anything, Anywhere: PowerLine Meets Your Digital Demands
- Run your desktop and multiple laptops off your wireless router upstairs, and simultaneously power and prioritize bandwidth for your entire digital entertainment center in the basement. With a PowerLine AV 500 Adapter you can extend an existing PowerLine network to deliver 500Mbps speed and connectivity over the existing wiring of your building's electrical system. HDTVs, the Boxee Box by D-Link, Blu-Ray Players, network storage drives, Xbox360, Playstation 3, security cameras - power them all, all at once, without annoying glitches or lags. With a PowerLine AV 500 Adapter, you not only have the freedom to connect your favorite devices anywhere you need them, but also up to 500Mbps speed and advanced QoS optimization to prioritize heavier traffic, and deliver seamless digital entertainment
- Create a Wall-To-Wall Home Network, Instantly
- PowerLine technology transmits data along the wiring of a building's existing electrical system, providing a secure and reliable broadband connection to places impossible to reach with a wireless signal. All you need is to plug the adapter into any conventional power outlet and that's it - you can extend your existing PowerLine network and get performance connectivity, exactly where you need it. It's an ideal networking solution for homes or small offices where concrete walls, successive floors in multi-storied buildings, or other architectural impediments can significantly weaken a wireless coverage and create dead spots
- Get Wireless Freedom and Wired Reliability
- Because a PowerLine network is hard wired there is no external ambient interference common to even the most powerful wireless systems. PowerLine network technology is HomePlug AV compliant and works across phases in your building's electrical box to transmit data reliably by intelligently adapting to the strongest signal channels. Data and electricity transmit at very different frequencies, so there's never a problem of electrical interference or shorting with a PowerLine device. PowerLine turns any conventional electrical outlet in your home or office into a fully-functioning Ethernet port and your entire home into a wall-to-wall network, instantly
- PowerLine is Plug and Play. And That's It
- Extending your PowerLine network with a PowerLine AV 500 Adapter is a cinch. Just plug it in to any conventional power outlet and D-Link's simple connect button will establish a 128-bit security encrypted connection with your existing PowerLine network in a flash. With a PowerLine AV 500 Adapter there are no cables to run, holes to drill or wireless signals to configure - extending your existing PowerLine network is as easy as plug and play
- Create An Ultra-Secure Home Network
- The PowerLine AV 500 Adapter protects your network with 128-bit AES data security encryption - the same technology used in e-commerce or online banking. Create your own network name and password or put it at the tip of your fingers with push button security standard on every PowerLine device. With hassle-free plug and play installation, and advanced security the PowerLine AV 500 Adapter is not only one of the fastest networking solutions available, it's also one of the safest
- Get Ready for the Future - IPV6 Equipped
- With the growing number of Internet enabled applications requiring IP addresses, the supply of IP addresses under the current Internet Protocol version 4 (IPv4) system has already been exhausted. The IPv6 protocol solves this network addressing exhaustion by creating more IP addresses, but migration from IPv4 to IPv6 is not necessarily automatic. No worries - This D-Link product is IPv6 certified and ready for the future
- D-Link Green
PowerLine network devices automatically power down when not in use or connected, and the LEDs have a manual disable switch to conserve energy. D-Link Green devices provide eco-friendly alternatives without compromising performance. They are designed to help conserve energy, protect our environment from harmful substances and reduce waste by using recyclable packaging.
Goes into power-saving mode when no data link is detected after 5 minutes
Complies with the EU RoHS directive that restricts the use of certain hazardous materials
Uses soy ink and recyclable packaging to reduce harmful environmental waste